Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Plugin Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the update. It installed properly, but one of my thermostats doesn't look like a thermostat any longer - it is representing the setpoints as dim percentages. I will delete the device and re-add it and see if that fixes the problem.

It appears that the scripting commands you added are not CAPI controls but some other approach - and the documentation link is not working, so I can't see what the script calls are that enable discrete control of the thermostat. Could you check the link to the documentation?

Thanks for your help.
    The documentation installs to your HS3\Docs folder, but I also fixed the documentation link in the first post.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with the setpoints on your other thermostat.

Comment

0.9.9 RC3 Plugin

I have installed the plugin as well as the thermostat. I get this error in the log. I also notice that when adding the thermostat it doesn't save. After a refresh, I have to add it again. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what. I should probably also mention I am using the linux version of HS3.

Thanks
      Steve
      Dec-04 14:36:25 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry Dec-04 14:36:22 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure Dec-04 14:35:46 Error Posting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0 Dec-04 14:35:44 Error Posting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0 Dec-04 14:35:44 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - too soon Dec-04 14:35:29 Error Posting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0 Dec-04 14:35:26 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 1384700: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure Dec-04 14:34:44 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry Dec-04 14:34:41 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure Dec-04 14:34:13 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry Dec-04 14:34:10 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

Comment

There's a post earlier in this thread about a command you have to run to accept the certificates for the SSL connection. I'm not home right now to look it up easily, but it should be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I found the certificate command and ran it. It looked like it worked. Now I get this:

Dec-05 06:59:34ErrorPosting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0Dec-05 06:59:31Honeywell WiFi ThermostatError retrieving data for device 1384700: The request timed outDec-05 06:57:14Plug-InFinished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi ThermostatDec-05 06:57:07InfoPlugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:42697Dec-05 06:56:54InfoPlugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with instance: has disconnectedDec-05 06:56:54Plug-InShutting down Plug-In: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

and this:

Dec-05 07:46:38 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : The request timed out
          Dec-05 07:46:35 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
          Dec-05 07:46:32 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : An error occurred performing a WebClient request.
          Last edited by sesykes71; December 5, 2015, 07:45 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by sesykes71 View Post
            I found the certificate command and ran it. It looked like it worked. Now I get this:

Dec-05 06:59:34ErrorPosting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0Dec-05 06:59:31Honeywell WiFi ThermostatError retrieving data for device 1384700: The request timed outDec-05 06:57:14Plug-InFinished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi ThermostatDec-05 06:57:07InfoPlugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:42697Dec-05 06:56:54InfoPlugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with instance: has disconnectedDec-05 06:56:54Plug-InShutting down Plug-In: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

and this:

Dec-05 07:46:38 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : The request timed out
            Dec-05 07:46:35 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
            Dec-05 07:46:32 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device : An error occurred performing a WebClient request.
            Are you in the US? If not, it's not going to work. Apologies - I need to update the initial post with that tidbit, since we've tried it with a couple of other countries' Total Connect Comfort Portals and it doesn't work the same way.

If you are in the US, can you login to the TCC site ok?

Comment

Yes, I am in the US and I can connect and control the thermostat via the IOS app as well as a PC.

Comment

Yes, I am in the US and I can connect and control the thermostat via the IOS app as well as a PC.
                Just to confirm, you're able to connect from your linux box?

Comment

Steve,

I finally installed the 0.9.9 update tonight. I also have the problem that the setpoints display as dimming devices on all 5 of my thermostats - the other devices created by the plugin look fine.

For just over an hour after installing the update, I received the log message "Failed to retrieve thermostat data - too soon" in the log roughly every 25 to 35 seconds. I am no longer getting this log message.

Also, twice in the roughly 2 hours since I updated the plugin, I've received the error message Error retrieving data for device xxxxx: WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations." where xxxxx is one of my thermostats (xxxxx was a different thermostat in each of the error messages).

Let me know if you need any additional information.

-Chris

Comment

My linux box is a headless Rasberry Pi but I can ping the thermostat from it. I don't know how else to connect to it from the Pi?
                    When I reboot the Pi and look at the log, it shows that the plugin initializes ok, or at least it looks like it.

Steve

Comment

The plugin isn't talking to the thermostat, it goes through the website. So if your server can't connect to the website, it won't work, and the message "request timed out" means it couldn't connect to the total connect site.

Comment

Now I am thinking that the plugin didn't install completely. I uninstalled it, removed all the related files I could find. Re downloaded the zip file and the updater overide file.
                        When I try the install, it fails.

Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Install/Update of package Honeywell WiFi Thermostat failed. Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Error Installation of package Honeywell WiFi Thermostat failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\bin\skWare\WiFiThermostat\Newtonsoft.Json. dll Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\bin\skWare\WiFiThermostat\HoneywellThermos tat.dll Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.exe.config Dec-07 02:13:06 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.exe Dec-07 02:13:05 Updater Installing package Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Dec-07 02:13:05 Updater Using local file: HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT_0_9_9.zip Dec-07 02:13:05 Updater Downloading update: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Dec-07 02:13:05 Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Sounds like it's still running. Do a "ps -ef | grep SKWARE" and see if it's there; if so, kill it.

Comment

It was running, I killed it, removed the plugin again, tried reinstalling it, fails every time.

Steve

Comment

Checking packets with tcpdump, I see that the plugin is trying to connect to mytotalconnectcomfort.com.
                              I also see packets coming from mytotalconnectcomfort.com.
                              I notice that the packet cksums from them are correct where many to them show as incorrect. I am not sure what that means.

The thermostat never gets saved nor do I have the Min Cool, Max Cool, setting blocks.

Steve

Comment

Checking packets with tcpdump, I see that the plugin is trying to connect to mytotalconnectcomfort.com.
                                I also see packets coming from mytotalconnectcomfort.com.
                                I notice that the packet cksums from them are correct where many to them show as incorrect. I am not sure what that means.

The thermostat never gets saved nor do I have the Min Cool, Max Cool, setting blocks.

Steve
                                It sounds to me like there are some networking issues from that box to the Honeywell servers. Do you use any other plugins on that Pi that access the internet to obtain their data? Weather, Harmony, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X