Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Plugin Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    EDIT: Oh and by the way, that is the thermostat I have..
    Argh - Looks like I'm going to have to start counting my pennies... and put 3 Z-wave thermostats up for sale!

Comment

Request:

HSTouch Integration.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        Request:

HSTouch Integration.
        I use HSTouch to control mine all the time via devices. It's just not listed as a thermostat - largely because the documentation on the Thermostat API is almost non-existent...

I'll look into this again once I've gotten everything else working.

Comment

Ok Thanks.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

RTH6580WF vs. RTH9580WF

Shill,

We suffered a house fire and are starting from scratch. The house is nearing completion and I was looking to install a Honeywell unit that supports zwave but, I can buy an RTH9580WF and have the builder install it. Do you think your plug-in will work with the 9580? I am installing a Homeseer S6 Pro as the management system.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
              Shill,

We suffered a house fire and are starting from scratch. The house is nearing completion and I was looking to install a Honeywell unit that supports zwave but, I can buy an RTH9580WF and have the builder install it. Do you think your plug-in will work with the 9580? I am installing a Homeseer S6 Pro as the management system.
              It's listed on wifithermostat.com, and the screenshots of the control site/app are the same as what mine uses, so I'm pretty confident, but I can't really guarantee it without someone trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                I think it's the one in your HS3 directory that's causing the problem; it's a different version than the one I'm using, and gets loaded first. I just did a fresh install of HS3, and it doesn't come with HS3, so I guess some other plugin dumps it there instead of in its own bin directory. I'm looking for tricks to make .NET ignore assemblies in the root directory and use the search path specified in the .config directory...

(I actually recall having this problem on my system, and I just deleted the offending HS3\newtonsoft.json.dll without any problems I've detected so far. You could try moving it to a temp directory and seeing if it solves the problem temporarily, too.)
                I've just finished installing every single plugin (available for Linux, at least) on a trial system, and only 2 installed that DLL in the HS3 root directory:
                • ThinkingCleaner
                • IPThermostat

If you have either of those, deleting that DLL could be a problem, though I can walk you through the steps to fix it temporarily until I can talk with the plugin author about a more permanent fix.

Comment

Did it...

I got my THX9421R5021 Prestige IAQ today, bundled with the Outdoor Temperature Sensor, a "Portable Comfort Control". and the RedLINK Internet Gateway, and have them in a test lash-up until I can make the cut-over. Getting online and registering was simple enough, and I have installed your Beta plug-in, apparently without incident.

After I configured the plug-in however, I found these in my HomeSeer log:

Aug-05 9:13:29 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to add unnamed PED

Aug-05 9:15:40 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\skWare\WiFiThermostat\ images\na.png

It looks like "Circulation" is missing under Fan Mode, "Auto" is missing under System Mode and there seems to be a problem with "Setpoint" graphics (see screenshot).

On my Total Connect Comfort Control Center (TCCCC?) page, I have:
                  System: Heat, Cool, Auto, Off
                  Fan: On, Auto, Circulate, Follow Schedule
                  Indoor Temperature and Humidity (taken from the sensors specified in configuration - the thermostat itself, or wired or wireless remotes)
                  Outdoor Temperature and Humidity (taken from the Outdoor Remote Sensor, wired or wireless)
                  Under "Menu", I have tabs for:
                  Settings - I don't think access to these would be necessary for HomeSeer.
                  Schedule - again, probably not necessary, and way complicated to make happen.
                  Humidification (configured on my system for a fan humidifier), with buttons for Auto and Off, and a slider to choose humidity percentage between 10 and 60 percent (screenshot) - this would be nice to have.
                  Dehumidification (configured for "AC on high blower speed"), with buttons for Auto and Off, and a slider for humidity percentage from 40 to 80 percent (screenshot) - this too would be nice to have.

I went back into my configuration and also enabled Ventilation, to see if "TCCCC" created a tab for it, but it didn't, even after I deleted my location and re-added it.

Off the top of my head, it would be nice if the same or similar Child properties showed up as for Z-Wave Tstats (screenshot), and all the supported features that are available on the "TCCCC" (TC4?) for a particular Honeywell model showed up in HomeSeer.

Looking good! You possibly should call your plug-in something other than "WiFi", to let people know it seems to cover all the connected Honeywell thermostats.

Thanks
                  Jim Madigan
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm adding new devices (outdoor temp, indoor humidity, outdoor humidity) and controls (mode auto, fan circulate, fan resume) in the next release. I only have a basic thermostat, so none of those things were relevant to me when I first created this plugin, and I don't currently have any way to capture the conversation required to control some of those things that I don't have.

I might have to talk someone into setting up a temporary password so I can do some testing

And thanks for the tip on the name - I'll see what happens if I try and change it at this point. (It originated from the fact I got my info from www.wifithermostat.com.)
                    Last edited by shill; August 6, 2015, 08:54 AM. Reason: updated list of new devices

Comment

I'm adding new devices (indoor temp, outdoor temp, indoor humidity) and controls (mode auto, fan circulate, fan resume) in the next release. I only have a basic thermostat, so none of those things were relevant to me when I first created this plugin, and I don't currently have any way to capture the conversation required to control some of those things that I don't have.

I might have to talk someone into setting up a temporary password so I can do some testing

And thanks for the tip on the name - I'll see what happens if I try and change it at this point. (It originated from the fact I got my info from www.wifithermostat.com.)
                      How about Outdoor Humidity?
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

PM me

Comment

I'm adding new devices (outdoor temp, indoor humidity, outdoor humidity) and controls (mode auto, fan circulate, fan resume) in the next release. I only have a basic thermostat, so none of those things were relevant to me when I first created this plugin, and I don't currently have any way to capture the conversation required to control some of those things that I don't have.

Corrected the list above... that one's included!

Comment

Well, the VisionPro 8000 arrived yesterday, so I lashed it up and added it to my account.

After I did that, the plugin got upset, and I kept getting things like:

Aug-08 3:44:39 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

I finally disabled the plugin, then restarted HS and removed it, and then got rid of its .ini file.

I reinstalled it, and apparently was able to finally add the two thermostats on my account to HS (I had to try repeatedly, as they wouldn't create HS devices properly), but they don't update.

I disabled the plugin overnight, as I was collecting debug messages, and didn't want to fill up my log. Today after I tried to restart it (and it shows as Enabled), on the plugin management page I got:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Honeywell WiFi Thermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The HS logs shows:
                            Aug-09 1:13:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Thermostat BASEMENT Current Temp changed to
                            Aug-09 1:13:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Thermostat BASEMENT BASEMENT changed to
                            Aug-09 1:13:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found Thermostat Device 'yyyy724'
                            Aug-09 1:13:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found Referenced Thermostat Device (xxx3)
                            Aug-09 1:13:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Retrieved unnamed PED (thanks to what appears to be a Mono defect)
                            Aug-09 1:13:12 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found Referenced Thermostat Device (xxx3)
                            Aug-09 1:13:12 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Retrieved unnamed PED (thanks to what appears to be a Mono defect)
                            Aug-09 1:13:12 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat About to update thermostat device ref xxx3
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance::.\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\5.gifSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Thermostat BASEMENT BASEMENT changed to
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found Thermostat Device 'yyyy724'
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found Referenced Thermostat Device (xxx3)
                            Aug-09 1:08:15 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Retrieved unnamed PED (thanks to what appears to be a Mono defect)
                            Aug-09 1:08:12 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Retrieved unnamed PED (thanks to what appears to be a Mono defect)
                            Aug-09 1:08:12 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Found parent thermostat device 'BASEMENT'
                            Aug-09 1:08:11 PM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65218

The devices page looks like this:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just posted 0.9.2 - see the top post for links and details.

Comment

It seems that every time it updates (or one clicks the "Update" button), it generates a new set of devices for "Indoor Humidity", "Outdoor Humidity", and "Outdoor Temperature". We'll see if by the morning I have 48 new devices for each
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X