Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Plugin Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this tonight on the HTCCCC -

"The Total Connect Comfort servers will be down for planned maintenance starting at 1 AM central time on Wednesday, Aug 12th. The estimated down time will be 3-4 hours."

I would assume that there will be no HS control available for those 4 hours - have to see how the plugin handles being "home alone" that long.

Comment

Originally posted by madigan View Post
      It seems that every time it updates (or one clicks the "Update" button), it generates a new set of devices for "Indoor Humidity", "Outdoor Humidity", and "Outdoor Temperature". We'll see if by the morning I have 48 new devices for each
      I'm seeing the same thing.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Are there any errors in the log? It's only supposed to try to update the devices once, then set a flag that it's been tried. So that's problem #1... But it's also not supposed to create the device if it already exists, so that's problem #2.

Which leads me to believe it's failing somewhere in adding the device, hence they have "unknown" values, it doesn't think they exist, and it happens somewhere in the method (or subsequent methods) that's supposed to check and then set the flag to "done".

Comment

I'm using debug logging - I can send you either part of my HS log, or the HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.log, if that would help. They both seem to have the same info.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any error msg. in the logs, but this version will continue to create the new devices.. When I just checked, It had created almost 50 unknown devices.

I just deleted them, now rebooting the server.......
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I'm looking into this now that I have an example to work with (thanks!), but in the meantime, you'll probably need to disable the plugin. Hope to get a new one out today sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                I'm looking into this now that I have an example to work with (thanks!), but in the meantime, you'll probably need to disable the plugin. Hope to get a new one out today sometime.
                Just posted 0.9.3. Confirmed it was working on my test system and will create the proper devices and show the current values properly.

Doesn't yet control Fan Circulate, Fan Resume Schedule, Auto Mode, or Emergency Heat Mode (TBD).

Comment

Looking good!

So far, so good -

Two things:
                  1. When configuring the plugin, it seems that weird things may be happening when using paste to enter the configuration data. I'm not sure, as I didn't do that this time - I typed each field in manually. I did notice that "Submit" has to be clicked twice in each instance for the data to be submitted - the first time, the dialog box moves slightly, but the data isn't submitted. The second click enters it. This happened on previous versions also.

2. When I first started the plugin, it initially showed the same data for both thermostats (screenshot Before), which I thought was odd, because I knew the "MAIN" setpoint was not 82 degrees. Note that the "MAIN" update time is one second before the "BASEMENT" update time, where the setpoint actually is 82 degrees. The next update (8:59:19 AM) brought everything into line (screenshot After). I'm going to have to separate the two tstats so they have different readings so I can tell what's currently updated. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

(Additional Information)
                  Hmm - might have spoken too soon. Should the devices always show as being updated at 300 second intervals, or only when the data has changed? I just checked, and although the "MAIN" thermostat (which is the first one I added) shows updates, the "BASEMENT" thermostat doesn't seem to be updating (screenshot whoops)...

Thanks!
                  Jim Madigan
                  Attached Files

Comment

Whew...

Just checked "BASEMENT" again and "Indoor Humidity", "Indoor Temp", "Outdoor Humidity", and "Outdoor Temp have all updated.

Comment

OK -
                      So the "Auto" and "Circulate" buttons show up, but at this time aren't supposed to do anything.

I just noticed that when the "Off" button is clicked, the mode successfully changes to off, but the setpoint becomes messed up (screenshot off). Clicking "Heat" or "Cool" restores it. The first time I tried this, this error showed up in the log:
                      Aug-12 11:28:29 AM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Off (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Aug-12 11:28:31 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\skWare\WiFiThermostat\ images\na.png

It seems like that path should be:
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\na.png
                      as the file is really there.

In playing around with setpoints, I noticed for the first time on HTCCC the "Permanent Hold" button - is this something that could be added as a button to the Setpoint Device? That way HS could be used for scheduling without worrying about Temporary Hold timeouts.

Thanks
                      Jim Madigan
                      Attached Files

Comment

So far, so good -

Two things:
                        1. When configuring the plugin, it seems that weird things may be happening when using paste to enter the configuration data. I'm not sure, as I didn't do that this time - I typed each field in manually. I did notice that "Submit" has to be clicked twice in each instance for the data to be submitted - the first time, the dialog box moves slightly, but the data isn't submitted. The second click enters it. This happened on previous versions also.

2. When I first started the plugin, it initially showed the same data for both thermostats (screenshot Before), which I thought was odd, because I knew the "MAIN" setpoint was not 82 degrees. Note that the "MAIN" update time is one second before the "BASEMENT" update time, where the setpoint actually is 82 degrees. The next update (8:59:19 AM) brought everything into line (screenshot After). I'm going to have to separate the two tstats so they have different readings so I can tell what's currently updated. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

(Additional Information)
                        Hmm - might have spoken too soon. Should the devices always show as being updated at 300 second intervals, or only when the data has changed? I just checked, and although the "MAIN" thermostat (which is the first one I added) shows updates, the "BASEMENT" thermostat doesn't seem to be updating (screenshot whoops)...

Thanks!
                        Jim Madigan
                        The devices only update when the value changes. That way "has been since..." triggers can be used.

Comment

So -
                          If a Setpoint is in "Hold until (time)" mode, and one goes into HTCCCC and has it resume schedule, should that change be reflected back into HS? I tried that this afternoon with my BASEMENT thermostat, and there's been no update.

Comment

OK -
                            So the "Auto" and "Circulate" buttons show up, but at this time aren't supposed to do anything.

I just noticed that when the "Off" button is clicked, the mode successfully changes to off, but the setpoint becomes messed up (screenshot off). Clicking "Heat" or "Cool" restores it. The first time I tried this, this error showed up in the log:
                            Aug-12 11:28:29 AM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Off (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-12 11:28:31 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\skWare\WiFiThermostat\ images\na.png

It seems like that path should be:
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\WiFiThermostat\images\na.png
                            as the file is really there.

In playing around with setpoints, I noticed for the first time on HTCCC the "Permanent Hold" button - is this something that could be added as a button to the Setpoint Device? That way HS could be used for scheduling without worrying about Temporary Hold timeouts.

Thanks
                            Jim Madigan
                            Yes, happy to add a Permanent Hold button to that. The event to change setpoint already has that option, so easy to do here, too.

Comment

So -
                              If a Setpoint is in "Hold until (time)" mode, and one goes into HTCCCC and has it resume schedule, should that change be reflected back into HS? I tried that this afternoon with my BASEMENT thermostat, and there's been no update.
                              In theory, yes. But I'll double check that on my own setup and make sure it updates properly if the setpoint value itself doesn't change, which is one possible loophole that could cause that if I didn't account for that...

Comment

I had to restart my machine while removing some device drivers. When HS restarted, I got:

Aug-12 8:10:57 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance::The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                                Aug-12 8:10:57 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

The plugin is Enabled, but showing status:
                                WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Honeywell WiFi Thermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

and now changes I try to make in HS are not carrying over to HTCCCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X