No announcement yet.

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Plugin Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If when you go into HTCCCC to look at your thermostats, and the pages don't show any buttons for controlling the fan, then this is the problem:

"Yesterday 12:07 PM - shill
    The problem is with the data for the basement unit itself... It's returning:

"fanMode":null,

when I was expecting an integer value (0, 1, 2, 3, etc.).

Which is good news, because now I can fix it "

which is what happens to me when I try to enter my RedLINK VisionPRO 8000 thermostat that is paired to my HZ432.

Now if you do see your fan buttons in HTCCCC, then this is a new issue...

Comment

Ok, I've been doing quite a bit of updating since the last release, largely because the lack of a fan surprised me and that led me down a rat hole of all the "has this" and "has that" properties, which then led me to look at the "auto" system mode, which led me to realize having a single setpoint (a design decision I made early on because if you don't have an "auto" mode, it doesn't really make sense to have separate ones - the setpoint is the setpoint) isn't going to work in auto mode, etc.

I'm going to go ahead and release 0.9.5, which has some initial attempted support for auto mode (and fan circulate control), and hopefully clears up the issues some of you had on startup when no fan is present. I wouldn't do this on a fully released version, but I recommend you remove your current thermostats (or just delete all the devices, same thing to the plugin but at least it can be done even with the plugin disabled) and re-add so you get all the new settings.

Looking forward to your continued feedback and thanks for your patience!

Comment

Quickly (because I'm getting more confused by the minute) -

It seems that setting "system mode" to "Off" from any state via HS works (quickly).
        Setting "system mode" to "Cool" (or seemingly anything else) from "Off" via HS doesn't work.

There's no error message, but the HS log for an "Off" command shows:
        Aug-16 4:51:43 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Off (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:51:43 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Chaging+System+Mode+to+Off
        Aug-16 4:51:44 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+system+mode+to+Off

while other system mode commands never show those entries with words separated by "+":
        Aug-16 4:52:08 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Auto (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:52:33 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Cool (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:53:10 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN MAIN to Update (1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:53:25 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Heat (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:53:32 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN MAIN to Update (1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:54:31 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Cool (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:55:28 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Circulate (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:55:30 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Circulate
        Aug-16 4:56:00 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Auto (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Aug-16 4:56:01 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Auto

(the Fan mode seems to to be changing though!)

The BASEMENT VisionPRO 8000 connected to the HZ432 via RedLINK now gets added to the plugin without disappearing!

Additional information:
        Since I couldn't turn any System Mode back on via HS, I went into HTCCCC and set BASEMENT and MAIN to "Auto" - the tstats changed, but the HS icons for the "System Mode" devices, which were the "Off" graphic, disappeared.
        Last edited by madigan; August 17, 2015, 03:02 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Failed+to+log+in

I was hoping someone would create a plugin for the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort tstats. Thank you!

I installed .95 this evening. The install went well but I can't login to TCC when I attempt to add a tstat. I've confirmed that the account info works by loggin to to the TCC website. I've re-entered my TCC account info a number of times, but still get the failed to log in error message in my HomeSeer log. I set the plugin to trace level logging and tried again. I've attached the plugin log. Is this something I'm fat fingering or a bug?

Thanks.
          -Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you running on Linux?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
              Are you running on Linux?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              Windows 8.1

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
                I was hoping someone would create a plugin for the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort tstats. Thank you!

I installed .95 this evening. The install went well but I can't login to TCC when I attempt to add a tstat. I've confirmed that the account info works by loggin to to the TCC website. I've re-entered my TCC account info a number of times, but still get the failed to log in error message in my HomeSeer log. I set the plugin to trace level logging and tried again. I've attached the plugin log. Is this something I'm fat fingering or a bug?

Thanks.
                -Chris
                That message is pretty specific: it means I got a response, but the ASP.NET AUTH cookie wasn't set. Could be fat fingering, or could be a special character in your password or something that I need to be handling better.

I have a test harness that I should have posted a while ago - it will be very helpful for anyone having trouble to test logging in and getting data for your thermostat!

There's a log file and the JSON data that results from getting the current status.
                Last edited by shill; January 16, 2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLCCypher View Post
                  First of all, thank you Shill for making this plug-in. I have four of the Honeywell TH6320R wireless thermostats along with a Honeywell 4 Zone controller and I have been trying to find a way to get them into HomeSeer for years!

Anyway, I did the install and then when I try to enter the configuration, the options are saved, but I get the following error and no thermostat info is saved and no devices are created. Ideas?

Aug-16 12:48:30 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Thanks!

Jason
                  Same question for you: Windows or Linux? The reason I keep asking this is I ran into an issue on my test system (which is a Linux VM) because of some kind of Mono issue with HTTPS certificates.

If you're running Linux, and are willing, use this command to import Mozilla's list of trusted certificates:

mozroots --import --ask-remove

Comment

I am running windows 8.1. Looks like my issue was associated with the Fan option. 0.9.5 Fixed my problem! Thanks!

One thing I have noticed so far is that when I make a setpoint change from HomeSeer, the thermostat is changed to a temporary hold. Would it be possible to have a way to set it back to permanent hold? Or a way to change the setpoint without taking it out of permanent hold?

Thanks again!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by PLCCypher View Post
                      I am running windows 8.1. Looks like my issue was associated with the Fan option. 0.9.5 Fixed my problem! Thanks!

One thing I have noticed so far is that when I make a setpoint change from HomeSeer, the thermostat is changed to a temporary hold. Would it be possible to have a way to set it back to permanent hold? Or a way to change the setpoint without taking it out of permanent hold?

Thanks again!

Jason
                      Yes, Madigan suggested the same thing and I'll add that quite soon - just trying to get through some of the early growing pains related to all the various devices that don't match the one I have!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                        Yes, Madigan suggested the same thing and I'll add that quite soon - just trying to get through some of the early growing pains related to all the various devices that don't match the one I have!
                        Actually, here's what I'm thinking:

a) If it's on a permanent hold, +1 and -1 retain the permanent hold.
                        b) Otherwise, +1 and -1 add a temporary hold.
                        c) Add "Permanent Hold" and "Temporary Hold" buttons.

Thoughts?

Comment

New Model for Testing...

I just added a Wireless FocusPRO 5000 to the mix, connecting via RedLINK to the HZ432.

This is just about the plainest of the plain thermostats - no scheduling, no circulate, no humidity sensor, no IAQ features. The only things it does have are "Auto" mode and RedLINK (only - no hardwire terminals).

HTCCCC picked it up without my having to add it, which was interesting, and possibly creepy. It added to the plugin without incident - there was no problem with not having an indoor humidity sensor, but having outdoor heat and humidity readings, thanks to my RedLINKed outdoor sensor.

I noticed the HS device with "Update" does not have "Resume Schedule" for this one - neat! However, the "Cool Setpoint" and "Heat Setpoint" devices still say "Following Schedule" - looks like some checking is necessary to suppress that for those thermostat models without scheduling (betcha ya didn't know such a thing still existed!)

This thermostat is showing the same problem as my other two - the only system mode that can be set via HS is "Off" - can't set it to "Cool", "Heat", or "Auto" except via HTCCCC or directly on the thermostat. Is anybody else seeing this problem, or is it unique to my system?

Comment

The only problem that I have is the fan "Circulate" option does not work. All other functions seem to work at this time.
                            Attached Files
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

@madigan

I suspect the problems you are seeing are related to the zoning system communications, in that I bet they are somewhat different.
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser...

I don't think it's a zoning issue, as it had been working fine with the HZ432 before 0.9.5. *Additional info - Doh! It's happening to all three, but I just remembered the Prestige isn't associated with the zoning panel... it's just paired with its EIM.

Now what's funny is that fan functions are working perfectly for me - I can change things around, they show up in HTCCCC and my Prestige changes status. Here's what my log shows:
                                Aug-17 3:30:31 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Auto (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-17 3:30:33 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Auto
                                Aug-17 3:30:57 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-17 3:30:59 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+On
                                Aug-17 3:31:11 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Circulate (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-17 3:31:13 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Circulate

??
                                Last edited by madigan; August 17, 2015, 03:11 PM. Reason: Additional Info and Clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X