Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed+to+log+in

Originally posted by shill View Post
    That message is pretty specific: it means I got a response, but the ASP.NET AUTH cookie wasn't set. Could be fat fingering, or could be a special character in your password or something that I need to be handling better.

I have a test harness that I should have posted a while ago - it will be very helpful for anyone having trouble to test logging in and getting data for your thermostat!

https://home.steveandkristie.com/skw...CC_TestApp.zip

There's a log file and the JSON data that results from getting the current status.
    My password is upper/lower alpha and numbers, no special characters. It's 16 characters, so I tried shortening it to 8 with the same results. I'm able to connect from your test harness with no problem using both the 8 and 16 character passwords and see the tstat settings. I've attached the log from the test harness.

Thanks again for for all of your work on this.

-Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

If it works in the test harness (which uses the exact same DLL and method call), then the issue isn't with the user name, password, or the plugin, most likely. That only leaves one thing: the URL in the plugin options.

If you're in the US, your value is likely supposed to be:

https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/

Can you confirm what you have?

Comment

Last edited by madigan; August 17, 2015, 09:59 PM. Reason: Adding newly reported thermostats

Comment

Actually, here's what I'm thinking:

a) If it's on a permanent hold, +1 and -1 retain the permanent hold.
          b) Otherwise, +1 and -1 add a temporary hold.
          c) Add "Permanent Hold" and "Temporary Hold" buttons.

Thoughts?
          That would be awesome! It also stays true to the local thermostat function.

Thanks!

Comment

If it works in the test harness (which uses the exact same DLL and method call), then the issue isn't with the user name, password, or the plugin, most likely. That only leaves one thing: the URL in the plugin options.

If you're in the US, your value is likely supposed to be:

https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/

Can you confirm what you have?
            That did it! I was using https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal. When I dropped the /portal, it worked. I have successfully added my 5 thermostats! Now to test this out. Thanks again!

-Chris

Comment

To add to the list...

Prestige HD Thermostat - THX9321R5000
              Prestige HD Thermostat - THX9321R5030

(Yes, there is a subtle difference - the newer model, 5030, supports fan control via TCC.)

Both models are connected via RedLink Internet Gateway.

-Chris
              Last edited by cjohlandt; August 17, 2015, 09:29 PM. Reason: minor grammatical correction

Comment

HSTouch Server Warning when adding Tstats

Just noticed in my HomeSeer log that when I added each of my thermostats, I had 10 HSTouch Server Warnings just prior to the entry for the new Thermostat:
                Aug-17 10:16:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Added+new+thermostat+%27Kitchen%27.
                Aug-17 10:16:24 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Aug-17 10:16:24 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                I haven't seen these warnings before.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
                  Just noticed in my HomeSeer log that when I added each of my thermostats, I had 10 HSTouch Server Warnings just prior to the entry for the new Thermostat:
                  Aug-17 10:16:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Added+new+thermostat+%27Kitchen%27.
                  I haven't seen these warnings before.

-Chris
                  Those warnings are coming from HSTouch, so we'd need HS to chime in on the reason. Let me know if it keeps happening or it's just a something that shows up when you create them - could be a timing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by madigan View Post
                    Quickly (because I'm getting more confused by the minute) -

It seems that setting "system mode" to "Off" from any state via HS works (quickly).
                    Setting "system mode" to "Cool" (or seemingly anything else) from "Off" via HS doesn't work.

There's no error message, but the HS log for an "Off" command shows:
                    Aug-16 4:51:43 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Off (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:51:43 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Chaging+System+Mode+to+Off
                    Aug-16 4:51:44 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+system+mode+to+Off

while other system mode commands never show those entries with words separated by "+":
                    Aug-16 4:52:08 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Auto (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:52:33 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Cool (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:53:10 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN MAIN to Update (1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:53:25 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Heat (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:53:32 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN MAIN to Update (1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:54:31 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN System Mode to Cool (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:55:28 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Circulate (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:55:30 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Circulate
                    Aug-16 4:56:00 PM Device Control Device: Thermostat MAIN Fan Mode to Auto (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Aug-16 4:56:01 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Successfully+changed+fan+mode+to+Auto

(the Fan mode seems to to be changing though!)

The BASEMENT VisionPRO 8000 connected to the HZ432 via RedLINK now gets added to the plugin without disappearing!

Additional information:
                    Since I couldn't turn any System Mode back on via HS, I went into HTCCCC and set BASEMENT and MAIN to "Auto" - the tstats changed, but the HS icons for the "System Mode" devices, which were the "Off" graphic, disappeared.
                    /facepalm

In switching to support auto (which required all the re-thinking about setpoints I mentioned earlier), I accidentally left in a condition that basically only evaluated to true when setting the mode to off

Rather than update then entire plugin, if you just disable it and replace the HoneywellThermostat.dll in your bin\skWare\WiFiThermostat directory with this one:

And re-enable it, you should be good to go.
                    Last edited by shill; January 16, 2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Woo-hoo!

System: MAIN looks good; BASEMENT is in another room - have to check it later, but the icon and HTCCCC are changing; KITCHEN looks good!

Fan: looks good on MAIN!

Congratulations - the fix is in!

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I've added them to the list.

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
                        To add to the list...

Prestige HD Thermostat - THX9321R5000
                        Prestige HD Thermostat - THX9321R5030

-Chris
                        Now we need to hear from some Wi-Fi users!
                        Last edited by madigan; August 17, 2015, 10:42 PM. Reason: Being silly...

Comment

Not crazy!!!

The System Mode icons (at least the "Auto" icon) on the Device Management page keep disappearing on me...

Late last night, the BASEMENT "Auto" icon vanished. I was still able to change modes, and when I did, it came back.

Got up this morning, and the KITCHEN "Auto" icon was gone. Refreshing the page doesn't change anything, but if I click on any of the "Mode" buttons (even "Auto", which it was already set to, verified at thermostat and HTCCCC) it comes back...

Don't know what prompts this - maybe changing settings at the thermostat or HTCCCC? Only happens when I'm not looking - grrrrrr...

Additional Info - I just shut down HS to install .198, and when I restarted, the KITCHEN "Auto" icon was gone again...

And when I've said icon, what I really mean is that the whole status box is empty - no icon, no text.

UPDATE:
                          OK - I've kept a browser window on another monitor open to the Device List and have verified that I'm not insane

At this time it seems to only be affecting the KITCHEN thermostat. I can immediately bring back the icon and text in the System Mode Status Column by clicking "Auto".

5 minutes later, both KITCHEN Status and ??KITCHEN System Mode?? "Last Change" (as well as BASEMENT Status and MAIN Status "Last Change") show a current update, and the KITCHEN System Mode Status icon and text disappear. I haven't made any changes in the System mode except to set it to what it already was (verified by checking HTCCCC).

I click "Auto" again, they come back, and then 5 minutes later from the previous time, it happens again. I don't know why the KITCHEN System Mode keeps updating at 5 minute intervals - I'm not doing it (except to bring them back), and HTCCCC isn't showing any status change. This isn't happening (right now, at least) to the MAIN and BASEMENT thermostats.

AND NOW,
                          something has changed, as KITCHEN, MAIN, and BASEMENT Status are updating every five minutes within a second of each other, the KITCHEN System Mode has stopped updating, and the icon and text have stopped disappearing.

The only thing that I can see that I did differently was that I changed the KITCHEN System Mode to "Cool" to see if it would disappear, and when it didn't, I changed back to "Auto", and it hasn't disappeared since...
                          Last edited by madigan; August 18, 2015, 08:51 PM. Reason: Still More Additional information

Comment

Thermostat images

I've gathered clean images of pretty much all of the RedLINK and Wi-Fi thermostats, removed the backgrounds, and saved them as 400x400 and 64x64 PNGs (these are what I use as my Device and Thumbnail Images).

(I guess I have WAY too much time on my hands )

shill has offered to host them...

Jim Madigan
                            Last edited by madigan; August 21, 2015, 10:24 AM. Reason: Added Hosting Info

Comment

I'm happy to host it, Jim.

Comment

I'm happy to host it, Jim.
                                Cool -
                                I'll send it over.

Comment

Working...
                                X