Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malarcy
    replied
    Don't go that far on my holidays <G> ..... save the beer until we get it working...

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Thanks Malarcy.... really appreciate it...

Dont suppose you are ever over near M4-J4? I guess I must be owe you some beer.....

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I'll cut some test code on Thursday if I get a chance- hopefully some clue as to what's happening - I must be returning something bad to homeseer - but why is it happening to you.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy

Nope - not running HS as a service... not even tried that one!

I have just found a newer version ofthe DLL plus some stuff in the zip to read... looks like its a newer version that is on the distro cd... so there may be three versions of the dll....

I am really at a loss... just tried the board on my laptop and its all ok.... just dont know what to do.....

I wonder if there is any debug for hspi_compatibility.... will have a look... My guess is tho that it passes control to your code and waits for it to return.... is that right?

I have ordered another usb card so will rule that one out too.. I am now clutching at straws!

Will keep you posted...for amusement value if nothing else!!

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Gotta reckon it's something environmental - but my code just uses the same calls as the demo program - I stole them from the source code - so if they can initialize and talk to the hardware I should be able to....

One question - are you running hs as a service?

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi

Will check with the dll in the HS directory... will be end of week before I get a chance to play. It will be a releif if that is it!! - even though it should not matter.

I have always used the new dll... will try the old one too.

I have had it working on another pc with wk3 server... so am at a total loss as to why this will not work... and cant think of anything different about it - same CD copy etc

Is there any debug that can be done within hspi_compatibility?
    Is it worth me getting a pci usb card just to rule that one out too? Both motherboards are SIS chipsets... the 2k3 server that worked was a VIA.

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I am currently using the original dll - I have copied it into the homeseer directory on the test machine and it seems to work fine - will be testing the latest rev with the new plugin.

What's special about you/your config- I haven't run it on 2k3 but I can't see why it would be an issue - the dev machine (laptop) is in the boot of the car at the moment so I can't check what's happening next but I guess I just load it up with debug and see what we get - I'll try and cut a version one night this week

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    ..meant to add...

The HS install was a std 2041 install from a single exe... no plug or addins...

Also, there is no xap hub or gubbins....

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy

Like you say, I just dont get it!!!

I have just finished rebuilding the box again...physical....

It has... 2k3 server from a newly downloded ISO from microsoft...

no drivers added other than what windows found on the distribution cd at install time.

The motherboard has now been changed too... from a PCchips M810 to a M848 which I know to be great motherboards (for the money) and reliable - my geovision runs ona M848 for the last 2 years with zero hangs/reboots)

I have changed the ram too... although I knew it would makr no difference!

So, after a rebuild... copies the files from the velleman cd to system32. Ran the demo and checked the boards works fine - all ok. I use dthe mk2 dll as I have done before...could this be the problem? I had used the original mk1 dll ages ago... and it still did not work... The hspi compatibility goes to 99% and game over....

I have not just built the server back up again with Av/drivers/vnc/etc... and its still broken...agh!! Should I load the motherboard usb drivers? all usb devices I have work ok with windoes defaults... printer, hd etc... (did remove them all when testing the k8055)

I really am at my wits end..... next plug is buy you beer for a .net version...

My last hope is the velleman dll... I am assuming that it all lives in system32 - and does not need any registering... although when I did try once, it did not work... said no entry point from memory...

Anyway - how is the multi board version doing? I bought another board (sucker!) and built it, ready and waiting....

Being 2k3, I had to install IIS to get the framework... then stopped/disabled the service from starting - HS web interface starts and runs ok....

I really appreciate your help... it must be something very stupid I am doing now... especially when the VM of Xp did not cut it....

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Actually - just re-read - has your new setup got mcs in it?

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Just don't get it - I'll dig in the code and see where it goes next - been working on the multiboard version this week - but need to get this sorted - will try and get some time on it this week

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy...sorry its been a while...

RIGHT... bit the bullet and reinstalled 2k3 std edtn,.... did a fresh install...

Apart from the usual windows update stuff, I have symantecs AV plus windows defender...oh, and VNC.

8055 works great (both of them!) using the velleman demo and the rev 2 dll....

Now, with only plain old 2041 Hs, plus your debug plugin running.... at HS startup I get....

In INITIO - Starting
    In INITIO - about to call InitHW with port=1

After that, hs_compatibility goes to 98% cpu and sits there... killing it obviously lets HS continue to startup...

The HS log sits with...

COM plugin info malk8055 initialising...

So... no xap.. and Im back to the dark ages and no HS until I can get this sorted and walk myself forwards again piece by piece.

I just cannot understand it.... I have seen it work once on another server...

Brought up a plain old XP vm (last tests were physical) with avg and windows defender...plus VNC and same again - same hang point as the physical 2k3 box.

AGHHH...

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Yup - vmware server is a real winner, we have about 800 hosts running virtual at work, with another 2000 moving onto esx this year.

I have gone down to 1 machine from the 4 I had running 24/7 + a media center in the study.

Only bottle neck has been disk - but another spindle in the box should solve that.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Mararcy

Glad you have joined the VMware world... I assume you are using VM server?

I have managed the migration and deployment fo some 80hosts and 1400 virtual machines at work... using ESX of course...

Wish we had this stuff years ago!

My home VM hosts are great, just with I could get Geovision in a VM too... but cannot obviously due to the hardware dependancy.

I have a ripe subnet at home and Vm lets me have everything i want in my DMZ... and cust down the noise/heat/power of all these damn PCs that we all have running 24/7!! I have two hosts permanently running... one DMZ and one inside.

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Progressing but slowly - working on it but I have also just rebuily my entire home setup - running all my world on a dual core machine with vmare - 6 virtuals including homeseer, regarded adsl - getting around 6meg downloads now and a new router..... so been busy with my setup.

Will keep you posted

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X