I only might see an advantage if youcan set this per input but
    this is to complicated for what it is and add's

Looking fwd to test with 2 boards

Walter

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Status Update

OK - started working on the code this weekend, and so far no horrors - I am waiting on the 2nd board to arrive, but I can emulate having multiple boards without needing full hardware so Ican carry on with coding.

Just wanted to get some opinion on the new version so here is the "feature" list:

1) Supports up to 4 K8055 boards concurrently

2) Doesn't give the "unsafe" message in the log on HS2

3) Revamped config screens - but still not HTML (I hate the HS2 interface and I get a nosebleed coding html) - I will publish all the reg keys so config changes can be made by script, and I might produce a seperate config utility - depends on how annoyed I get with going through setup.... interfaces.... whatever.... config..... find the window......

4) I am planning to include the board number in the device type string in the created devices - so you'll get something like

Device Name: K8055-0-DI1
    Device Type: K8055 Board 0 Digital Input

Device Name: K8055-1-DI1
    Device Type: K8055 Board 1 Digital Input

5) Will support hs 1.7 and 2.x (I will only test it on 1.7.44 and 2.1.x)

Got a couple of questions:

1) Do we need a debounce timer for each board? (not sure if it can do it yet but would like to know if it is worth it)

2) REALLY HOPE THE ANSWER TO THIS IS NO BUT - do we need a different poll interval per board?

Anything else anyone would like - nows the time to ask....... no promises but I'll try and accomodate any sensible additoins.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    All good stuff, when I coded the original plugin I made provision for multiple boards - so hopefully it won't be too hard - from the description you posted sounds like all I need to do is work out how many boards are attached, then in each processing section - switch between them.

Only concern I have at the moment is delays caused by polling multiple boards but I guess I'll work those out when I have the dev rig setup.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy...

Just noticed a few lines in a readme that came with the DLL update for the board...

Note:
    - Use the OpenDevice function to switch the control between two or more cards.
    - Do NOT use the CloseDevice function when switching the control between the cards.
    - The OpenDevice function selects the active K8055 card to read and write the data. All the communication routines after this function call are addressed to this card until the other card is selected by this function call.

Just thought that may come in handy... sorry if it is teaching granny to suck eggs!!!

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Originally posted by RFsolution
    Nice

Thanks Malarcy,

I'm still at the old version so if possible a version that runs on 1.7
    I will not deliberately do anything to the plugin to stop it working under 1.7, I only just moved off it myself - but I don't have a test rig - maybe I'll put a virtual up and get a 1.7 key from hs to allow testing.

No promises - but I will try and keep it all working under both revs

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Thanks Malarky...

I am sure that many of us will be appreciative for your (continued) work... and the time that goes into it.

I hope your second 8055 does not go wasted....

Here is a thought....

I have connected mine up to the house alarm, and use the PIR's already in place for the alarm as motion detectors in HS... how is that for a cheapskate!?!?! Obviously, you need an alarm with enough zones to make it "granular"....

Works great for zippo cash, and much nicer than these horrid x10 motion detectors....

Anyway - thanks in advance!!

DJ
    Last edited by Bestgear; May 10, 2006, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice

Thanks Malarcy,

I'm still at the old version so if possible a version that runs on 1.7

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    They're cheap enough - mine is buried a little at the moment as well - I'll get another ordered so at least I can test with 2.

That way I'll have fewer excuses for not keeping up with the plugin.

Thanks for sticking with it.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Wow...that IS good news!

I am sure one of us could give you a loan of a board to save you purchasing one... what do you think?

Mine is kinda buried... but could remove it if no one has one free right now....

Guys ?

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    OK - I need to do multiboard, and I need to at least make sure the warning messaeges go away and we can get to all the dialogs.

I'll make a commitment to do this over the next 3 to 4 weeks - only thing is I don't have 2 boards to test with - I'll get one ordered up - it'll be useful anyway.

Are there any other features we need immediately? - I can't promise but I will try and get them added if it doesn't add too much time to project (real world is SERIOUSLY getting in the way right now)

The offer of ber vouchers is nice, but if I charged for the plugin then I would feel very guilty if I wasn't able to offer decent support for it.

I'll dig out the board, dust down the code and see what I can do.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Any update on V2 native support?

I am sure there are loads of us waiting for multi board support....

What about the offer of beer vouchers... would that help!?!?!?

DJ

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    HS 2.0 support is enough for me. Make a new Thread with a poll...

Cheers
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Got to admit I have made no progress on this - I guess necessity is the mother of invention and I don't need more boards supported as yet - that said, I do need to get my head around the .net based plugins so I may rewrite it. and add in the multi board support then.

A general question for anyone using this plugin - how much longer do we need to support hs 1.7 - can I recode it for hs2 only?

Cheers

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    re K8055

Hi Malarcy,

Ik hope you did finished your tax story within time !!!

Did you found some time to have a look at the multiple adress version in order to
    use multiple boards ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Malarcy
    Need to get the velleman on the box with hs2 - but looking at the code - the following reg keys are set in that dialog you can't get to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\hspi_malk8055\settings

debounce1 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds
    debounce2 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds

These control the debounce timers for the switches

resetonrestart REG_SZ 1

resets the counters on restart - delete the key or set to 0 to leave the counters alone after restart

Poll interval is up to you - I use 250 - works for me - didn't seem to cause me any trouble - depends on what you are connecting to - mine is mostly doors - they are open or not - I can imagine a pressure mat may need a tighter time - but in that case I would probably use the counter for the input - see if it has got up - you won't know if it's gone up until you poll, but you won;t miss it.

Maybe an opportunity to code this weekend - but I need to get my tax return done before the very very very last deadline - Tuesday!

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Have tried different steps. Same error on the new one.

Have also tried this step
    1. Shutdown homeseer
    2. Rename the working hspi_malk8055.ocx to working hspi_malk8055.ocx1
    3. Copy The new hspi_malk8055.ocx
    4. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
    5. Shutdown homeseer
    6. Regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx
    7. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
    8. Shutdown homeseer
    9. Regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx /u
    10. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
    11. Shutdown homeseer
    12. Rename the new hspi_malk8055.ocx to hspi_malk8055.ocx2
    13. Rename the old hspi_malk8055.ocx1 to hspi_malk8055.ocx
    14. Starting homeseer, working...

Se my signature on serverinfo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X