Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malarcy
    replied
    That's wierd - no dependency changes between the two versions just fixed some setup bugs and added in some more options - are you running HS2 or are you still on 1.7?

Now the old one is running, can you switch back to the new one? - you should be able to just rename the old file and copy the new one in - if that works it will give me a clue as to where the problem lies.

Let me know - I have the plugin running on XP without error, so I am initially a bit stumped by this
    Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    More info...

Tried to put the old hspi_malk8055.ocx (v1.0.0) and that works fine.

http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...achmentid=8436 (Working V1.0.0 )
    http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...achmentid=8858 (v1.1.0 not working )

With my windows 2000 the v1.1 was working.

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    I just change os from windows 200 server to windows xp and getting this error.
    2006-01-28 20:51:52 - Info - Initializing Plug-in: malk8055
    2006-01-28 20:51:52 - COM Plugin - Calling InitIO
    2006-01-28 20:51:52 - COM Plugin Info - malk8055 initialising...
    2006-01-28 20:51:54 - COM Plugin - InitIO error: Application-defined or object-defined error
    2006-01-28 20:51:54 - COM Plugin Erro - Error initializing Custom Interface: Application-defined or object-defined error
    2006-01-28 20:51:54 - Error - Initializing interface: malk8055->Application-defined or object-defined error
    2006-01-28 20:51:54 - Info - Done initializing plug-in malk8055

The demo program is working with the 8055.
    Have also tried regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Need to get the velleman on the box with hs2 - but looking at the code - the following reg keys are set in that dialog you can't get to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\hspi_malk8055\settings

debounce1 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds
    debounce2 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds

These control the debounce timers for the switches

resetonrestart REG_SZ 1

resets the counters on restart - delete the key or set to 0 to leave the counters alone after restart

Poll interval is up to you - I use 250 - works for me - didn't seem to cause me any trouble - depends on what you are connecting to - mine is mostly doors - they are open or not - I can imagine a pressure mat may need a tighter time - but in that case I would probably use the counter for the input - see if it has got up - you won't know if it's gone up until you poll, but you won;t miss it.

Maybe an opportunity to code this weekend - but I need to get my tax return done before the very very very last deadline - Tuesday!

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• evja78
    replied
    Malarcy,
    I am looking for the counters on digital inputs 1 and 2. There is no way to get to these now from the plugin when used with HS2 ?

What is the recommended update setting for the plugin config dialog ? I don't want to miss any input changes, but also don't want to smoke the board and use unnecessary resources on the PC :-)

Other than that, great plugin and working nicely. Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Originally posted by evja78
    Hi Malarcy,

I have also discovered this thread and since started using the K8055 as a IO board for HS2. Works beautifully !!!

Only issue I see with HS2 is that we cannot get to the config to reset the counters and define behaviour over restarts.

If you call the config on the interfaces page, it does open, but is hidden behind other open windows.....

Thanks for an excellent plugin. Beats the hell out of an Ocelot+secu 16 if you only need the IO part ! As others, would be interested in being able to adddress multiple 8055's.

Cheers,

Evja
    What parameters do you want to set? - I can give you the reg keys to match your requirements until the code gets a refresh.....

I am thinking I will write a config utility the does require pop up windows etc.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I need to revisit the plugin for HS2 and to add the multiple module support - it's been a while since I was in the code, and other things are competing for my time - same old excuse - but the stuff that pays the mortgage comes 1st.

I personally am not running hs2 yet - and I don;t really like to web only interface to be honest but I guess that going forward I don't really have a choice!

If I remember correctly you should be able to alt-tab to the config window - I will check it out and see if I can make it pop to the front - failing that - all it does is write registry keys - so I will figure what the values are and post an update.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• evja78
    replied
    New K8055 user

Hi Malarcy,

I have also discovered this thread and since started using the K8055 as a IO board for HS2. Works beautifully !!!

Only issue I see with HS2 is that we cannot get to the config to reset the counters and define behaviour over restarts.

If you call the config on the interfaces page, it does open, but is hidden behind other open windows.....

Thanks for an excellent plugin. Beats the hell out of an Ocelot+secu 16 if you only need the IO part ! As others, would be interested in being able to adddress multiple 8055's.

Cheers,

Evja

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    So happy every time the email arrived with a new thread in k8055 plugin forum and the hope of a new version

Happy Hollydays Malarcy and thanks to have the honour to use the plugin.

Best Regards
    Tony Lofgren
    Sweden

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I was just thinking about that - I have got my live rig running and I was wiring up a door switch to the study to scream at the kids when they go looking for presents! The board is looking a little busy now - so it's a good time to remind me!

I have another coding project on at the moment - the bluetooth proximity stuff that's stalled at the moment - I have had to spend the daylight hours earning a living for the last month or so....

I'll look at this over the holidays.

Glad to hear that someone is actually using the plugin in anger.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Malarcy

I hope you are fine

I have about all my I/O in use on my board
    IS it possible to have a look for a version that supports other adresses ?

Maybe a Christmasgift ?

Leave a comment:

• mycrobyte
    replied
    What a fun board this one was!

Ok, here is what I have done with the kit:

Built it and put it in my RS Frankenstein box.

5 digital inputs connected to mini jack inputs & serial port connector. Using these for security system back up and garage door.
    2 analog connected same as above. I have plug in temp sensors I made from a mini jack plug, 5 volt source and thermistors. Gives me added temp backup for localalized areas away from the Elk keypads.

Digital outputs connected to serial port, minijack and relays which output to RCA jacks. I am using this to switch multiple zones of audio on and off. Using the SPDT relays we can basically switch each zone to one of two inputs!!!

Have not set up the analog or PWM outputs ... YET. But these will drive curtain motors in the .. to be built... theater room..

What fun!...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mycrobyte
    replied
    Working great. Thank you Malarcy. I will be working more with this as time goes on

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Thanks for the link - hope the plugin is useful - my plugin only supports one board at the moment - I guess I'll get around to adding to it when I outgrow the single board I am using.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• mycrobyte
    replied
    Thank you Malarcy for your efforts. I have ordered three of these boards for various applications and look forward to using one with HS.

Vellemann has alot of very interesting items.... thanks for the lead!!

By the way, did you see this link added recently:

Third party Visual #csharp dotNET driver for K8055
    Last edited by mycrobyte; October 14, 2005, 09:16 AM. Reason: Added link

Leave a comment:

Working...
X