Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malarcy
    replied
    The WARNING can be ignored for the time being - it's a hangover from the hs 1.7 code base.

The config/setup thing is more interesting - are you running form the console of the system or remotely from the web interface - basically - this plugin was wirtten for hs 1.7 and it seems to work OK under 2 but there are some issues.

The warning is one of them - the other is that it's dumb about where to fire up the dialog boxes.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Thanks Malarcy for a great plugin.

This is not a complain...
    The setup is not accessible. Nothing happend... Only a note in the log file.
    2005-10-08 12:06:55 - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for malk8055

I don't know if the log below when I start hs2 has something with above to do?
    Look at the WARNING.

2005-10-08 11:57:19 - Info - Initializing Plug-in: malk8055
    2005-10-08 11:57:19 - COM Plugin - Calling InitIO
    2005-10-08 11:57:19 - COM Plugin Info - malk8055 initialising...
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - COM Plugin Info - hspi_malk8055 connected
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - hspi_malk8055 - initialised
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - WARNING - GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI1
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI2
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Info - Done initializing plug-in malk8055
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI3
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI4
    2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI5
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO1
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO2
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO3
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO4
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO5
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO6
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO7
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO8
    2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AI1
    2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AI2
    2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AO1
    2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AO2
    2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DC1
    2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DC2
    2005-10-08 11:57:41 - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for malk8055

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Version 1.1.0 available

Here is the latest version, sorry only supports a single board currently - 4 board support will be next version.

As previously stated:

Fixed - setup bug - from a clean install you don't need to send an on or an off to wake a device.

Added - Configurable poll timer (default 250ms) - configured via the setup dialog - options, interfaces, malk8055, setup

Added - Debug mode - turns on some logging for before and after values for analog inputs so we can see why the plugin thinks it needs to update a value (should help track down the "flashing"

Added - Optionally preserve the values of the digital and analog outputs over a homeseer restart - configured via right click on one of the output devices, device properties, configure

Not tested this extensively under HS2 - next version will be, but I haven't made the move to hs2.

Next version - no target date - multi board, perhaps different poll times for each input (if everyone thinks that may be useful).

Let me know how it shapes up.

Malarcy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Malarcy

Nice to see that you have a new version, I would like to test it as soon as possible

Just a quick Question, does it support 4 board adresses ?

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Joe,

Velleman don't provide a debounce timer natively for the digital inputs, it could be coded in, but you should only get a trigger if the "switch" is closed when the plugin polls the board - in the released plugin thats fixed at 250ms so you shouldn't see much switch bounce - what circumstances are giving you the bounce?

BTW - I have finished coding the next version of the plugin - testing on my system for a couple of days before I release but here's a list of whats in it.

FIXED:
    Setup bug - no longer need to send an on or off to a digital input to get it to wake up after install.

CHANGED/ADDED:
    Configurable poll timer
    Configurable Digital and Analog output preservation - will keep output state over a homeseer restart or system reboot.
    DEBUG - help figure what's causing the "device flashing" that some are seeing.
    Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    Debounce setting

Hi Malarcy,
    I appreciate the fine job on this plugin. I wired up my basement door, Door bell and mail door Saturday. All works great! I was wondering if there is a way to set the debounce time on the 5 digital inputs?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Guys,

Back from holiday and in work catchup mode - hopefully will get to adding the required debug options and fix the startup bug this weekend (wife away - allowed to have a hobby for the weekend!)

As to HS2, I will need to look at the SDK (if it's been published yet), there seems to be some changes required but I havn't done much with the beta or bought the upgrade yet, so I will be playing catch up with that.

Hopefully something to post by Monday

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• zoomkat
    replied
    The below link might be of interest for using the Velleman boards with the .NET programming.

http://web.ticino.com/della-valle/K8000/Index.html

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Malarcey,

I have every intention in using the plugin but was not willing to use it in anger until it was confirmed working with HS2. As soon as I resolve the 'issues' I have with HS2 , I will get back to this. I do appreciate the work you have done on this.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Not at the moment I was looking to do a debug version for Jon but he has stopped using the plugin - as far as I remember, other than a tunable timer, the only thing we have outstanding is the install/startpu problem where we have to set the devices to on to get them recognised.

I have been out of the hobby loop for a couple of weeks - the mortgage paying time hog getting in the way - I am away with the family for the next 10 days or so but I will get back on it after that.

Do we have any other outstandings - the 4 address version should be easy enough - but I will need to order up another kit to make sure - I only have one at the moment - so I can do the theory but not actually test it.

Will post an update when I have killed the setup bug.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Malarcy,

Did you found some time to update the Velleman plug-in ?

Walter

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Got tired of "flashing" so have disabled the plug in.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Hoping to get some code time this weekend to try to fix the inital setup bug and put some logging into get to the bottom of Jon's "flashing".

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi

Well I have tested the plugin and board from a scratch configuration,and
    I as mentioned by X10joe
    (Buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5 didn't work initially. Go to device status and send an ON to each and then try the Digital Inputs.)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->You have to send a ON once to wake up

Will do further testing on the ADin and out

Looking forward for a 4 adress version hihihi

Originally posted by Malarcy
    Glad to see that this is working - the initial value for the devices has caused me some grief in both this and the gamepad plugin - so I assume I am missing something with the way I create the devices - I have found in my testing that restarting HS once the devices are created sets the initial value - but it seems that the initial device on is required to "wake" the devices from what others have found - I didn't see that in my testing my machine isn't a clean install.

I'll try this on a fresh install and see if I can figure what I am doing wrong, hopefully get another version out this week.

Can those who have had to do the device on... trick to wake the digital inputs tell me if the devices are "digital input" in the properties?

I am interested in how people are interfacing to this board - if anyone does some hookups with opto isolators or relays than I would appreciate the details - I am interested in using this board to control some valves and pumps for some garden irrigation stuff.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I rechecked the code for the old bug - it's not there so I am not sure whats happening on this one - the only time a display refresh occurs is when I update device values so the analog input or the counters - so unless they are changing every poll then I don't understand why I am updating.

The flash itself seems to be an HS thing - if you update a device status it seems to cause a display redraw - even though it's only one device that updates.

More when I get a chance to "lab" this properly.

malarcy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X