Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    FYI, the 'Flashing' is definitely caused by the plugin as after removing it, the problem dis-appeared. The problem is much worse if I remote access my HS server with VNC (probably VNC trying to keep up with the screen updating).

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Cool - that's the view I was talking about - I will add some debug in for the next version, and then we can see if I am updating things incorrectly.

Thanks for the testing / feedback on this.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    No flash

If you mean the actual HS app in device view, then no. No flash at all.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Joe,

Are you seeing the device "flash" problem that Jon has seen - I have checked the source code and I should only be updating device status and values if something has changed.

On my test rig I only see the device screen flash if the analog input value is floating around - when the input settles the flash goes away.

Might put some debugging in the next version - I would like to pin this one down.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    Solar cell

Something esle I tried was connecting a solar cell (about 4 volts dc max) to analog input A1. The value changes as the amount of light changes. Next I will try to make the analog output respond to what the analog input value is.

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    An interesting point...

When I was trying to figure out my analog output problem I launched the demo program that came with the board at the same time HS was controlling it. When focus was changed from HS to demo and back whatever values that HS had or the demo program had the board reverted to those settings.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    the devices should only "flash" on a poll if an input value has changed - and only then the device that has changed will get updated.

But - this sounds horribly like I have reintroduced a bug that I thought I had fixed - I am not "near" the source code at the moment - but I will take a look tomorrow.

Only the preservation of values over a restart/reboot - the card itself latches a value - so I deliberately zero'ed them on a restart - on reflection that seems less than optimal - so I'll change that - I'll make it configurable, so the output values are preserved if required.

Not sure about the input status, that's recoverable by reading the current state - but I can see value in the outputs

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I forgot to mention, the 250mS polling is causing all the virtual devices to flash....not sure that is correct.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Hi Malarcy,

Yes, they are marked as digital inputs.

If possible, I think it would be a good idea if you could set the input/output status of the board by reading the values stored in Homeseer. If you do a Homeseer restart, the analog outputs always reset to zero and a total reboot will reset everything.

I have not done any interfacing yet as I wanted to see it's stability and get any bug's ironed out. I also do not want to commit this to anything until it works correctly with HS2.

As for interfacing, I will use opto-isolators for the input's and probably opto's with a small relay for switched outputs.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Glad to see that this is working - the initial value for the devices has caused me some grief in both this and the gamepad plugin - so I assume I am missing something with the way I create the devices - I have found in my testing that restarting HS once the devices are created sets the initial value - but it seems that the initial device on is required to "wake" the devices from what others have found - I didn't see that in my testing my machine isn't a clean install.

I'll try this on a fresh install and see if I can figure what I am doing wrong, hopefully get another version out this week.

Can those who have had to do the device on... trick to wake the digital inputs tell me if the devices are "digital input" in the properties?

I am interested in how people are interfacing to this board - if anyone does some hookups with opto isolators or relays than I would appreciate the details - I am interested in using this board to control some valves and pumps for some garden irrigation stuff.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Well not quite random. I believe that HS issues a House code (symbol) to each plugin. If it does not require it, the plugin should give it back to the pool again. Once issued, it will keep the same code so ] will be your's for this plugin.

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    Found the problem

Thanks Jon
    HS set house code to ] and I had [ instead. Works fine now. Are these assigned at random when a house code is not specified?

Been working on a OOpicII also. Not sure where I am going with that. It has 31 I/O lines!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Joe,

Yes, it works fine.

I just used a small script:

sub main()
    for i=1 to 255
    hs.setdevicevalue "$16",i
    next

for i=1 to 255
    hs.setdevicevalue "$17",i
    next

end sub

Remember to change the $ to the House code symbol allocated to this plugin by your HS set-up.

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    Malarcy

I have tried to set the Anolog outputs with no luck. Can you supply the script you are using to do this? I am able from the board demo program to set the outputs. Jon00, did you get the analog outputs to work?
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks Joe for that! - Everything seems to be working fine.

Malarcy, Great plugin - Thanks! This is a very useful I/O board for ALL Homeseer users.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X