Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malarcy
    replied
    Time is the enemy here - I will be looking at this again, but probably later on this year - I have a number of weekend commitments at the moment that need my attention.

I suppose I will need to revisit and rewrite in .net as well - another time consumer.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• tonlof
    replied
    Anything new?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This sounds promissing keep us posted thanks,Niko

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Ohhh.. Beta version of v3 dll available - fixes some i/o issues with multiple cards - guess I might look again.......

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I pretty much stopped on the multicard version basically the issue is that the velleman dll has trouble switching between cards - 2 versions available 1) slow and reliable - but so slow that you can miss input events (like a pressure mat or similar) while the card is switching. 2) version, switches fast but not reliably - can get very confused and set the wrong output.

I sent a couple of mails to velleman and didn't get much useful info back from them.

It's a shame - and I hate just stopping - but this stuff must be 100% if it's going to be any use.

I'll ping them another mail to see if thingds have changed.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    progress

Hi Malarcy just wondering if youve got any further with the multi card version or have things hit a brick wall, thanks Niko

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Set analog outputs

I tried to set the analog output by using hs.setdevicevalue, but it does not work. It changes value in the status page, but not on the K8055 board. All other inputs and outputs does work. Any idea?

Leave a comment:

• UniKyrn
    replied
    The digital outputs are specified as open collector, so I'm guessing one side is ground. You'd probably be close if you just looked at the specs for the LED to find the current it wants, usually about 20ma, and what it's voltage drop is. Then you can use any supply you want and compute the resistor value to get 20ma at whatever the voltage difference is.

V=IR converts to R = V/I

A Red LED that wanted 1.5V@20ma, using a 5V supply ...

3.5V/.020 = 175ohms (180ohms is the nearest standard value)

If you wanted it a little brighter and to account for some loss through the transistor, use a 168ohm resistor.

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi

You are correct to use a 5v LED if your supply to the 8055 is 4.5V.

You could obviously use a lower voltage LED and an appropriate resistor.

The voltage presented to the LED will never be 4.5v, as there are losses through the driving transistor, so the LED may only ever see circa 4.2v or there abouts.

As for current - your PSU can have any current rating it likes, as the LED will only ever draw what it needs. The only problem you will see is if the supply voltage is higher, then the LED will certainly draw more current before it self destructs.

If your LED's are blowing, I would question A) they are the right way round (polarity) and B) they are of an operating voltage that is suitable (most common LEDs are not 5v).

Other than that, yes, the 8055 will certainly drive LEDs as shown in the back of the Velleman manual supplied with the 8055.

Hope this helps!

Dj

Leave a comment:

• wilkeslr
    replied
    Outputs from 8055 board

Hi, this may be wrong thread for this, but it does relate to the Velleman board.

Can anybody tell me if they are using the 8055 board to power LEDs to show device states?. If so, what voltage power supplies / LEDs / resistors are you using?.

Surely if I use a 4.5volt power supply, and a 5 volt LED then the voltages are OK, but the current is too high and blows the LED. If you then try and fit a resistor to lower the current, then the voltage will also drop and the LED won't be very bright.

Lee

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Originally posted by UniKyrn View Post
    If you are willing to share the source code, you might contact HomeSeer and ask about their Open Source repository.
    Good idea - I don't want to drop this but if others can spend some time and shape it work for them then that's great - depends if vellemen will update their dll.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• UniKyrn
    replied
    If you are willing to share the source code, you might contact HomeSeer and ask about their Open Source repository.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Guys,

Don't hold your breath on this - the plugin as is works under hs2 - it's not perfect but it does work - I have done a fair bit of work on a multicard version - but it's still an hs 1 style plugin since I personally have no requirement for a .net version and the real world has got in the way too many times,

I have some multicard versions but I have a problem,

1) If I use the original method for switching a card it's slow - and since I have to poll the card for input state it can take a couple of seconds to notice a contact closure - not ideal in some installations

2) If I use the quick card swicting method then it misses the switch command if you switch too quickly - maybe I can code around it but I am not sure if I can make it stable

I have a call into velleman to see if I can get a fast stale swicth - if I do then I will procede, if not then I am fighting a losing battle.

Happy to share the source of what I have if someone wants to take a crack at it i the mean time - but I am not comfortable with putting together a solution that I know I can break.

I'll chase Velleman and see if there is any progress.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• jimcu
    replied
    Waiting in anticipation

I'm all ready to buy a K8055 board, once this plug-in is updated for HS2...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Any updates

I am another user of this plugin and am just enquirying on the progress of the multi card version, thanks niko.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X