Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evja78
    replied
    Same here, works like a charm, very easy to use. Plugin is very easy to use and reliable.
    And for nitwits like me, you can also get a version of this board that is already fully preassembled. Just plug it in to USB install the plugin and it works....inputs and outputs for homeseer !

Evja

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    The plugin as is works with a single board - I am battling some issues around the speed at which I can switch between multiple boards and not kill the system.

It was written for version 1 of homeseer - it works on 2 but some of the config dialog boxes are hidden - I am hopefully getting a newer version that works better with hs2 out in the next few weeks, once I have done some stuff on the multiboard stuff.

WIll it work for you?-don't know - but the hardware is cheap and the other couple of people using it on the board have it working in a single board config.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm thinking of buying such a Velleman kit, but will there still come a new version of this plugin, or is it working perfectly? Are there better devices than this one with a couple of outputs, that are not too expensive and work better with homeseer?

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Cheers - I might well take you up on the spec stuff - I think I am paying over the odds for the replacement panel but it's not "too" much - and it keeps the wife happy.

But going forward I think I want a PIR in every room and a reed switch on every door and window - that's going to be something I wire up - not paying an installer for alll that.

Check your email - I have an idea on a temporary solution to multiple board solution while I get the plugin the way I want it - might work for you.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Malarcy...

Its OT but worth mentioning... any decent panel, like the Premier range support output expanders so you can just use your home PIR's easily and with no risk of compromising the integrity of the alarm unit. I agree with your ideals of using HA to integrate - I still think its worth having something as important as an alarm as a BS class device that works 100%... horses for courses etc...

Checkout the Op16 expander (16 outputs) for the Premier, and the 8XP (8 zones plus 8 outputs). All outputs are fully programmable, so can be configured to mimic any zone you choose... hence my need to multiple 8055's!!

The inputs to the panel can be used to trigger other stuff too, such as a cheapo Comm2400 module - simple modem and supports SMS messaging... nice to get texts rather than a recorded message if something at home needs your attention.

I would seriously look at doing the panel swap yourself... its only the additional PIRs you need to cover the whole house that will be the pain..I would guess. That is my job this xmas... setup an additional 9 PIR's.... so I have one in nearly every room... 17 in total!

The premier range supports a "network" such that you only need 4 cores between expanders. All PIR wiring runs to the expander and not back to the central panel... much easier...

Anyway - rant over... I guess its time that is your enemy, not enthusiasm!

Drop me an email if you want to have a chat sometime... even if its just to spec up what you want an installer to do for you...

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Never did anything with the panels - I tend to try and use HA to link things together, rather than have it all integrated - had a "reasonable" quote from my alarm chaps for a replacement panel with some more zones and a couple of relays for me to hang inputs from.

Thinking I might do something with one of the panels you were talking about next year, and have 2 systems running - one "all mine and automated" and the other one that is just there and the wife can't moan about it - then gradually switching over to depending more on the automated system.

The most pressing thing for me is decent motion sensors so I can do some sensible occupancy stuff - the x10 RF units are just not reliable enough to give what I need on their own - I want some hard wired units around - so I may start on that approach using a smart panel.

Anyway - apart from 6 months worth of travel expenses that need to be completed, all I have got to do next week is sort out this plugin.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy..no worries....

Hope the "quiet time" works out.....

Did you do anything re alarm panels?

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    No - he's not coming to you - you have obviously not been good!

I'll resend the screen shot later on tonight - it on another machine - and I have some coding time next week when someone has to be at work but there is NOTHING to do.....

Have a good one

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy...

I dont suppose Santa is going to be good to me tomorrow is he!?!?!

Did you resend the screen shot? I did not receive it...

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I'll resend sometime tomorrow, looking at the analog into digital stuff as well - really want to get the new version out but mortgage paying projects are stopping work - I have never been so busy in my life.

Might actually go to work between christmas and new year and work on it then.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi there...

No - sorry, must have been marked as spam!

I will look out for it if you can resend...

Yes, and on/off would be great, that way I get more useable inputs....

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Originally posted by djblack
    Ok - Pop Quiz....

What would your plugin do if one of the K8055 analogue inputs was changed in the device config from an analogue to digital input?!?!?!

Would it report an on/off for 0/255 conditions....or just not work at all!?!?

I could really do with a means of using the analogue inputs as a digital input like the other 5 inputs and not have a value.

I would also like it to be handled in the plugin and not have any other script or event trigger to change the displayed state of the device.

...or should I just forget about the idea and buy yet more inputs that four k8055's will give me?!?!!?!?

DJ
    I could code in a threshold where it would change from off to on - if below value x - that said - I should give 0 when open and 255 when closed - so you could use it as on/off like that - but you would need a script.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Did you get the screen shot of the config utlity I sent you - need some feedback on usability.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Anyone seen Santa around with a new version of the plugin?!?!

DJ

:-))

Leave a comment:

Working...
X