• Show
Clear All

• RFsolution
    Guest replied
    have a nice holiday and keep up posting if you have any news or progress

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I am buried in real world stuff and I haven't made any progress - I am embarassed about this since I only need a week or so to do it, but I have been required to do 2 long overseas trips in the past 8 weeks and everything get screwed when this happens.

I ain't going to happen for at least another month - I am on holiday next week for 3 weeks and I am not taking any technology with me.

I'll post an update when I get a chance.

Sorry

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• RFsolution
    Guest replied
    HI Malarcy

Sorry to ask but I was wondering how far you are with the progres of a multiple adress version

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Still coming but real slow - work is just getting in the way - I thought the US was going to be a lot of downtime, but I haven't worked so hard for ages.

I know I have set and missed many many dates on this so I won't try and commit - but I am still working on it.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy

How was the US?

I guess it was better than the inside of the hotel room!!!

Any news!?!?!

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Folks - answered my own question - deleted IE temp files and restarted browser...all ok now...

Hi

Strange thing..which may be acting as it should... and the problem is me...

I have renamed one ofthe 8055 devices, and given it a room and floor...

The device changes ok..and displays as expected...

However, when I hit F5 or click refresh in the browser, I get an IE message saying "the page cannot refresh without resending the information...."

Any ideas?

DJ
    Last edited by Bestgear; July 1, 2006, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    No - what I meant was the plugin has some debug that I turn off or on at compile time - I tend to run with the debug enabled version so I get the "button pressed messages".

New ver is coming - slowly - work keeps getting in the way - no promises but I am in the US next week - so a few nights in hotel rooms with nothing to do except drink or code so I may be able to turn out a version during the week,

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy... back to the logging for a mo...

[QUOTE=Malarcy]Just looked at the code - and "my" copy does log - I run it with debug - so it's easy to add as an option, I'll do it for the digital inputs/outputs and the counters. Initially it will just b "device" on / off - but I might modify so it takes the device desription / location and logs that instead - so K8055 [6 On becomes K8055 Stair Pressure Mat On.

Do you mean you run HS with Debug?

When I press one of the test buttons on a 8055 it does not log anything (dont have HS in debug mode - not sure how!)

If I hold the button and do a web page refresh, it certainly changes status. Likewise, if I have an event watching for the input press, it works... just no discreet log entry for the input.

I have checked that the box is not ticked for dont log..

Aside...how did the new ver go? Been itching to ask!!!

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    You could use it like that already - you should get a trigger on device value change - so just check it and respond if 0 or 255

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy...

Another thought... is it possible to use an analogue input as a digital input... in terms of setting the device to ON when at 255 and OFF at 0?

It would mean I get another 6 inputs across my (now) three 8055's!!

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Just looked at the code - and "my" copy does log - I run it with debug - so it's easy to add as an option, I'll do it for the digital inputs/outputs and the counters. Initially it will just b "device" on / off - but I might modify so it takes the device desription / location and logs that instead - so K8055 [6 On becomes K8055 Stair Pressure Mat On.

The analogs are also easy to do but I have been thinking about those - I probably need a "damping" factor on those - if people are using this for real then you could get a number of updates since analog values tend to fluctuate a bit - so maybe I'll add something to only register a status change when the value changes by 5 or more for example.

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy...

Not too fussed as to the text.... and only really bothered about the digital inputs...no need for analogue values...unless that is easy to do! I would be happy with a simple on and off or 0/1 for state....

Dont know if the counter would be easy to add in the log too... kinda thought about using that for some of the sad "features" that are on the excellent www.bwired.nl....

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    I am sure it used to - maybe that was under 1.7 - not at home at the moment so I can't check but it seems easy enough - I'll add it as an option to write a log event on set and unset - any preference for what it should say?

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Hi Malarcy

Sorry for going back to a previous post...re logging.

If I trigger any of the digital inputs, the web status obviously changes..all good.

It does not, however, stick the event into the log. I have checked that the box to prevent this is not checked.

Could you add the facility?

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Malarcy
    replied
    Thank ****** for that......... Your issue was killing me - I hate that kind of problem - glad you got it sorted and sorry I couldn;t spend more time on helping you debug it.

That let's me cary on with the new one without wondering what the hell was waiting to bite me.

The newest DLL contains some easier to use code for switching boards - but the version I am using (the one I posted) will work with both .

I'll try both, and see if I can break either of them.

Cheers

Malarcy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X