No announcement yet.

Velleman K8055 Plugin V1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the devices should only "flash" on a poll if an input value has changed - and only then the device that has changed will get updated.

But - this sounds horribly like I have reintroduced a bug that I thought I had fixed - I am not "near" the source code at the moment - but I will take a look tomorrow.

Only the preservation of values over a restart/reboot - the card itself latches a value - so I deliberately zero'ed them on a restart - on reflection that seems less than optimal - so I'll change that - I'll make it configurable, so the output values are preserved if required.

Not sure about the input status, that's recoverable by reading the current state - but I can see value in the outputs

Malarcy

Comment

An interesting point...

When I was trying to figure out my analog output problem I launched the demo program that came with the board at the same time HS was controlling it. When focus was changed from HS to demo and back whatever values that HS had or the demo program had the board reverted to those settings.

Comment

Solar cell

Something esle I tried was connecting a solar cell (about 4 volts dc max) to analog input A1. The value changes as the amount of light changes. Next I will try to make the analog output respond to what the analog input value is.

Comment

Joe,

Are you seeing the device "flash" problem that Jon has seen - I have checked the source code and I should only be updating device status and values if something has changed.

On my test rig I only see the device screen flash if the analog input value is floating around - when the input settles the flash goes away.

Might put some debugging in the next version - I would like to pin this one down.

Malarcy

Comment

No flash

If you mean the actual HS app in device view, then no. No flash at all.

Comment

Cool - that's the view I was talking about - I will add some debug in for the next version, and then we can see if I am updating things incorrectly.

Thanks for the testing / feedback on this.

Malarcy

Comment

FYI, the 'Flashing' is definitely caused by the plugin as after removing it, the problem dis-appeared. The problem is much worse if I remote access my HS server with VNC (probably VNC trying to keep up with the screen updating).
                Jon

Comment

I rechecked the code for the old bug - it's not there so I am not sure whats happening on this one - the only time a display refresh occurs is when I update device values so the analog input or the counters - so unless they are changing every poll then I don't understand why I am updating.

The flash itself seems to be an HS thing - if you update a device status it seems to cause a display redraw - even though it's only one device that updates.

More when I get a chance to "lab" this properly.

malarcy

Comment

Hi

Well I have tested the plugin and board from a scratch configuration,and
                    I as mentioned by X10joe
                    (Buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5 didn't work initially. Go to device status and send an ON to each and then try the Digital Inputs.)
                    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->You have to send a ON once to wake up

Will do further testing on the ADin and out

Looking forward for a 4 adress version hihihi

Originally posted by Malarcy
                    Glad to see that this is working - the initial value for the devices has caused me some grief in both this and the gamepad plugin - so I assume I am missing something with the way I create the devices - I have found in my testing that restarting HS once the devices are created sets the initial value - but it seems that the initial device on is required to "wake" the devices from what others have found - I didn't see that in my testing my machine isn't a clean install.

I'll try this on a fresh install and see if I can figure what I am doing wrong, hopefully get another version out this week.

Can those who have had to do the device on... trick to wake the digital inputs tell me if the devices are "digital input" in the properties?

I am interested in how people are interfacing to this board - if anyone does some hookups with opto isolators or relays than I would appreciate the details - I am interested in using this board to control some valves and pumps for some garden irrigation stuff.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Malarcy

Comment

Hoping to get some code time this weekend to try to fix the inital setup bug and put some logging into get to the bottom of Jon's "flashing".

Malarcy

Comment

Got tired of "flashing" so have disabled the plug in.
                        Jon

Comment

Hi Malarcy,

Did you found some time to update the Velleman plug-in ?

Walter

Comment

Not at the moment I was looking to do a debug version for Jon but he has stopped using the plugin - as far as I remember, other than a tunable timer, the only thing we have outstanding is the install/startpu problem where we have to set the devices to on to get them recognised.

I have been out of the hobby loop for a couple of weeks - the mortgage paying time hog getting in the way - I am away with the family for the next 10 days or so but I will get back on it after that.

Do we have any other outstandings - the 4 address version should be easy enough - but I will need to order up another kit to make sure - I only have one at the moment - so I can do the theory but not actually test it.

Will post an update when I have killed the setup bug.

Malarcy

Comment

Malarcey,

I have every intention in using the plugin but was not willing to use it in anger until it was confirmed working with HS2. As soon as I resolve the 'issues' I have with HS2 , I will get back to this. I do appreciate the work you have done on this.
                              Jon

Comment

The below link might be of interest for using the Velleman boards with the .NET programming.

http://web.ticino.com/della-valle/K8000/Index.html
                                Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X