Velleman K8055 Plugin V1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

Back from holiday and in work catchup mode - hopefully will get to adding the required debug options and fix the startup bug this weekend (wife away - allowed to have a hobby for the weekend!)

As to HS2, I will need to look at the SDK (if it's been published yet), there seems to be some changes required but I havn't done much with the beta or bought the upgrade yet, so I will be playing catch up with that.

Hopefully something to post by Monday

Malarcy

Comment

Debounce setting

Hi Malarcy,
      I appreciate the fine job on this plugin. I wired up my basement door, Door bell and mail door Saturday. All works great! I was wondering if there is a way to set the debounce time on the 5 digital inputs?
      Thanks

Comment

Joe,

Velleman don't provide a debounce timer natively for the digital inputs, it could be coded in, but you should only get a trigger if the "switch" is closed when the plugin polls the board - in the released plugin thats fixed at 250ms so you shouldn't see much switch bounce - what circumstances are giving you the bounce?

BTW - I have finished coding the next version of the plugin - testing on my system for a couple of days before I release but here's a list of whats in it.

FIXED:
        Setup bug - no longer need to send an on or off to a digital input to get it to wake up after install.

CHANGED/ADDED:
        Configurable poll timer
        Configurable Digital and Analog output preservation - will keep output state over a homeseer restart or system reboot.
        DEBUG - help figure what's causing the "device flashing" that some are seeing.
        Malarcy

Comment

Hi Malarcy

Nice to see that you have a new version, I would like to test it as soon as possible

Just a quick Question, does it support 4 board adresses ?

Comment

Version 1.1.0 available

Here is the latest version, sorry only supports a single board currently - 4 board support will be next version.

As previously stated:

Fixed - setup bug - from a clean install you don't need to send an on or an off to wake a device.

Added - Configurable poll timer (default 250ms) - configured via the setup dialog - options, interfaces, malk8055, setup

Added - Debug mode - turns on some logging for before and after values for analog inputs so we can see why the plugin thinks it needs to update a value (should help track down the "flashing"

Added - Optionally preserve the values of the digital and analog outputs over a homeseer restart - configured via right click on one of the output devices, device properties, configure

Not tested this extensively under HS2 - next version will be, but I haven't made the move to hs2.

Next version - no target date - multi board, perhaps different poll times for each input (if everyone thinks that may be useful).

Let me know how it shapes up.

Malarcy
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Malarcy for a great plugin.

This is not a complain...
              The setup is not accessible. Nothing happend... Only a note in the log file.
              2005-10-08 12:06:55 - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for malk8055

I don't know if the log below when I start hs2 has something with above to do?
              Look at the WARNING.

2005-10-08 11:57:19 - Info - Initializing Plug-in: malk8055
              2005-10-08 11:57:19 - COM Plugin - Calling InitIO
              2005-10-08 11:57:19 - COM Plugin Info - malk8055 initialising...
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - COM Plugin Info - hspi_malk8055 connected
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - hspi_malk8055 - initialised
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - WARNING - GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI1
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI2
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Info - Done initializing plug-in malk8055
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI3
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI4
              2005-10-08 11:57:21 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DI5
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO1
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO2
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO3
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO4
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO5
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO6
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO7
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DO8
              2005-10-08 11:57:22 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AI1
              2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AI2
              2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AO1
              2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-AO2
              2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DC1
              2005-10-08 11:57:23 - Database Item - Saving Device K8055-0-DC2
              2005-10-08 11:57:41 - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for malk8055
              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
              --
              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

The WARNING can be ignored for the time being - it's a hangover from the hs 1.7 code base.

The config/setup thing is more interesting - are you running form the console of the system or remotely from the web interface - basically - this plugin was wirtten for hs 1.7 and it seems to work OK under 2 but there are some issues.

The warning is one of them - the other is that it's dumb about where to fire up the dialog boxes.

Malarcy

Comment

Thank you Malarcy for your efforts. I have ordered three of these boards for various applications and look forward to using one with HS.

Vellemann has alot of very interesting items.... thanks for the lead!!

By the way, did you see this link added recently:

Third party Visual #csharp dotNET driver for K8055
                  Last edited by mycrobyte; October 14, 2005, 09:16 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Thanks for the link - hope the plugin is useful - my plugin only supports one board at the moment - I guess I'll get around to adding to it when I outgrow the single board I am using.

Malarcy

Comment

Working great. Thank you Malarcy. I will be working more with this as time goes on

Comment

What a fun board this one was!

Ok, here is what I have done with the kit:

Built it and put it in my RS Frankenstein box.

5 digital inputs connected to mini jack inputs & serial port connector. Using these for security system back up and garage door.
                        2 analog connected same as above. I have plug in temp sensors I made from a mini jack plug, 5 volt source and thermistors. Gives me added temp backup for localalized areas away from the Elk keypads.

Digital outputs connected to serial port, minijack and relays which output to RCA jacks. I am using this to switch multiple zones of audio on and off. Using the SPDT relays we can basically switch each zone to one of two inputs!!!

Have not set up the analog or PWM outputs ... YET. But these will drive curtain motors in the .. to be built... theater room..

What fun!...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Malarcy

I hope you are fine

I have about all my I/O in use on my board
                          IS it possible to have a look for a version that supports other adresses ?

Maybe a Christmasgift ?

Comment

I was just thinking about that - I have got my live rig running and I was wiring up a door switch to the study to scream at the kids when they go looking for presents! The board is looking a little busy now - so it's a good time to remind me!

I have another coding project on at the moment - the bluetooth proximity stuff that's stalled at the moment - I have had to spend the daylight hours earning a living for the last month or so....

I'll look at this over the holidays.

Glad to hear that someone is actually using the plugin in anger.

Malarcy

Comment

So happy every time the email arrived with a new thread in k8055 plugin forum and the hope of a new version

Happy Hollydays Malarcy and thanks to have the honour to use the plugin.

Best Regards
                              Tony Lofgren
                              Sweden
                              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                              --
                              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

New K8055 user

Hi Malarcy,

I have also discovered this thread and since started using the K8055 as a IO board for HS2. Works beautifully !!!

Only issue I see with HS2 is that we cannot get to the config to reset the counters and define behaviour over restarts.

If you call the config on the interfaces page, it does open, but is hidden behind other open windows.....

Thanks for an excellent plugin. Beats the hell out of an Ocelot+secu 16 if you only need the IO part ! As others, would be interested in being able to adddress multiple 8055's.

Cheers,

Evja

Comment

Working...
                                X