No announcement yet.

Velleman K8055 Plugin V1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to revisit the plugin for HS2 and to add the multiple module support - it's been a while since I was in the code, and other things are competing for my time - same old excuse - but the stuff that pays the mortgage comes 1st.

I personally am not running hs2 yet - and I don;t really like to web only interface to be honest but I guess that going forward I don't really have a choice!

If I remember correctly you should be able to alt-tab to the config window - I will check it out and see if I can make it pop to the front - failing that - all it does is write registry keys - so I will figure what the values are and post an update.

Malarcy

Comment

Originally posted by evja78
      Hi Malarcy,

I have also discovered this thread and since started using the K8055 as a IO board for HS2. Works beautifully !!!

Only issue I see with HS2 is that we cannot get to the config to reset the counters and define behaviour over restarts.

If you call the config on the interfaces page, it does open, but is hidden behind other open windows.....

Thanks for an excellent plugin. Beats the hell out of an Ocelot+secu 16 if you only need the IO part ! As others, would be interested in being able to adddress multiple 8055's.

Cheers,

Evja
      What parameters do you want to set? - I can give you the reg keys to match your requirements until the code gets a refresh.....

I am thinking I will write a config utility the does require pop up windows etc.

Malarcy

Comment

Malarcy,
        I am looking for the counters on digital inputs 1 and 2. There is no way to get to these now from the plugin when used with HS2 ?

What is the recommended update setting for the plugin config dialog ? I don't want to miss any input changes, but also don't want to smoke the board and use unnecessary resources on the PC :-)

Other than that, great plugin and working nicely. Thanks !

Comment

Need to get the velleman on the box with hs2 - but looking at the code - the following reg keys are set in that dialog you can't get to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\hspi_malk8055\settings

debounce1 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds
          debounce2 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds

These control the debounce timers for the switches

resetonrestart REG_SZ 1

resets the counters on restart - delete the key or set to 0 to leave the counters alone after restart

Poll interval is up to you - I use 250 - works for me - didn't seem to cause me any trouble - depends on what you are connecting to - mine is mostly doors - they are open or not - I can imagine a pressure mat may need a tighter time - but in that case I would probably use the counter for the input - see if it has got up - you won't know if it's gone up until you poll, but you won;t miss it.

Maybe an opportunity to code this weekend - but I need to get my tax return done before the very very very last deadline - Tuesday!

Malarcy

Comment

I just change os from windows 200 server to windows xp and getting this error.
            2006-01-28 20:51:52 - Info - Initializing Plug-in: malk8055
            2006-01-28 20:51:52 - COM Plugin - Calling InitIO
            2006-01-28 20:51:52 - COM Plugin Info - malk8055 initialising...
            2006-01-28 20:51:54 - COM Plugin - InitIO error: Application-defined or object-defined error
            2006-01-28 20:51:54 - COM Plugin Erro - Error initializing Custom Interface: Application-defined or object-defined error
            2006-01-28 20:51:54 - Error - Initializing interface: malk8055->Application-defined or object-defined error
            2006-01-28 20:51:54 - Info - Done initializing plug-in malk8055

The demo program is working with the 8055.
            Have also tried regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

More info...

Tried to put the old hspi_malk8055.ocx (v1.0.0) and that works fine.

http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...achmentid=8436 (Working V1.0.0 )
              http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...achmentid=8858 (v1.1.0 not working )

With my windows 2000 the v1.1 was working.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

That's wierd - no dependency changes between the two versions just fixed some setup bugs and added in some more options - are you running HS2 or are you still on 1.7?

Now the old one is running, can you switch back to the new one? - you should be able to just rename the old file and copy the new one in - if that works it will give me a clue as to where the problem lies.

Let me know - I have the plugin running on XP without error, so I am initially a bit stumped by this
                Malarcy

Comment

Have tried different steps. Same error on the new one.

Have also tried this step
                  1. Shutdown homeseer
                  2. Rename the working hspi_malk8055.ocx to working hspi_malk8055.ocx1
                  3. Copy The new hspi_malk8055.ocx
                  4. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
                  5. Shutdown homeseer
                  6. Regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx
                  7. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
                  8. Shutdown homeseer
                  9. Regsvr32 hspi_malk8055.ocx /u
                  10. Starting homeseer, same red error codes.
                  11. Shutdown homeseer
                  12. Rename the new hspi_malk8055.ocx to hspi_malk8055.ocx2
                  13. Rename the old hspi_malk8055.ocx1 to hspi_malk8055.ocx
                  14. Starting homeseer, working...

Se my signature on serverinfo.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

re K8055

Hi Malarcy,

Ik hope you did finished your tax story within time !!!

Did you found some time to have a look at the multiple adress version in order to
                    use multiple boards ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Malarcy
                    Need to get the velleman on the box with hs2 - but looking at the code - the following reg keys are set in that dialog you can't get to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\hspi_malk8055\settings

debounce1 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds
                    debounce2 REG_SZ timeinmilliseconds

These control the debounce timers for the switches

resetonrestart REG_SZ 1

resets the counters on restart - delete the key or set to 0 to leave the counters alone after restart

Poll interval is up to you - I use 250 - works for me - didn't seem to cause me any trouble - depends on what you are connecting to - mine is mostly doors - they are open or not - I can imagine a pressure mat may need a tighter time - but in that case I would probably use the counter for the input - see if it has got up - you won't know if it's gone up until you poll, but you won;t miss it.

Maybe an opportunity to code this weekend - but I need to get my tax return done before the very very very last deadline - Tuesday!

Malarcy

Comment

Got to admit I have made no progress on this - I guess necessity is the mother of invention and I don't need more boards supported as yet - that said, I do need to get my head around the .net based plugins so I may rewrite it. and add in the multi board support then.

A general question for anyone using this plugin - how much longer do we need to support hs 1.7 - can I recode it for hs2 only?

Cheers

Malarcy

Comment

HS 2.0 support is enough for me. Make a new Thread with a poll...

Cheers
                        Tony
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Any update on V2 native support?

I am sure there are loads of us waiting for multi board support....

What about the offer of beer vouchers... would that help!?!?!?

DJ
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

OK - I need to do multiboard, and I need to at least make sure the warning messaeges go away and we can get to all the dialogs.

I'll make a commitment to do this over the next 3 to 4 weeks - only thing is I don't have 2 boards to test with - I'll get one ordered up - it'll be useful anyway.

Are there any other features we need immediately? - I can't promise but I will try and get them added if it doesn't add too much time to project (real world is SERIOUSLY getting in the way right now)

The offer of ber vouchers is nice, but if I charged for the plugin then I would feel very guilty if I wasn't able to offer decent support for it.

I'll dig out the board, dust down the code and see what I can do.

Malarcy

Comment

Wow...that IS good news!

I am sure one of us could give you a loan of a board to save you purchasing one... what do you think?

Mine is kinda buried... but could remove it if no one has one free right now....

Guys ?

DJ
                              ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

They're cheap enough - mine is buried a little at the moment as well - I'll get another ordered so at least I can test with 2.

That way I'll have fewer excuses for not keeping up with the plugin.

Thanks for sticking with it.

Malarcy

Comment

Working...
                                X