• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Thanks Malarcy,

I'm still at the old version so if possible a version that runs on 1.7

Comment

Thanks Malarky...

I am sure that many of us will be appreciative for your (continued) work... and the time that goes into it.

I hope your second 8055 does not go wasted....

Here is a thought....

I have connected mine up to the house alarm, and use the PIR's already in place for the alarm as motion detectors in HS... how is that for a cheapskate!?!?! Obviously, you need an alarm with enough zones to make it "granular"....

Works great for zippo cash, and much nicer than these horrid x10 motion detectors....

Anyway - thanks in advance!!

DJ
      Last edited by Bestgear; May 10, 2006, 04:33 PM.
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by RFsolution
        Nice

Thanks Malarcy,

I'm still at the old version so if possible a version that runs on 1.7
        I will not deliberately do anything to the plugin to stop it working under 1.7, I only just moved off it myself - but I don't have a test rig - maybe I'll put a virtual up and get a 1.7 key from hs to allow testing.

No promises - but I will try and keep it all working under both revs

Malarcy

Comment

Hi Malarcy...

Just noticed a few lines in a readme that came with the DLL update for the board...

Note:
          - Use the OpenDevice function to switch the control between two or more cards.
          - Do NOT use the CloseDevice function when switching the control between the cards.
          - The OpenDevice function selects the active K8055 card to read and write the data. All the communication routines after this function call are addressed to this card until the other card is selected by this function call.

Just thought that may come in handy... sorry if it is teaching granny to suck eggs!!!

DJ

Comment

All good stuff, when I coded the original plugin I made provision for multiple boards - so hopefully it won't be too hard - from the description you posted sounds like all I need to do is work out how many boards are attached, then in each processing section - switch between them.

Only concern I have at the moment is delays caused by polling multiple boards but I guess I'll work those out when I have the dev rig setup.

Malarcy

Comment

Status Update

OK - started working on the code this weekend, and so far no horrors - I am waiting on the 2nd board to arrive, but I can emulate having multiple boards without needing full hardware so Ican carry on with coding.

Just wanted to get some opinion on the new version so here is the "feature" list:

1) Supports up to 4 K8055 boards concurrently

2) Doesn't give the "unsafe" message in the log on HS2

3) Revamped config screens - but still not HTML (I hate the HS2 interface and I get a nosebleed coding html) - I will publish all the reg keys so config changes can be made by script, and I might produce a seperate config utility - depends on how annoyed I get with going through setup.... interfaces.... whatever.... config..... find the window......

4) I am planning to include the board number in the device type string in the created devices - so you'll get something like

Device Name: K8055-0-DI1
              Device Type: K8055 Board 0 Digital Input

Device Name: K8055-1-DI1
              Device Type: K8055 Board 1 Digital Input

5) Will support hs 1.7 and 2.x (I will only test it on 1.7.44 and 2.1.x)

Got a couple of questions:

1) Do we need a debounce timer for each board? (not sure if it can do it yet but would like to know if it is worth it)

2) REALLY HOPE THE ANSWER TO THIS IS NO BUT - do we need a different poll interval per board?

Anything else anyone would like - nows the time to ask....... no promises but I'll try and accomodate any sensible additoins.

Malarcy

Comment

RE Malarcy multiple board plugin

Hi Malarcy super work !!!

For me there is no need to change debounce and poll interval per board

I only might see an advantage if youcan set this per input but
                this is to complicated for what it is and add's

Looking fwd to test with 2 boards

Walter

Comment

Hi Malarcy...

Great news! - your time is much appreciated!!

I am not aware that I need to change the debounce per board... I assume it will be one setting for all connected boards?

I am not bothered about any fancy config utility - a ini or even a few reg keys to set will be ok... assuming its documented!

I think I would prefer an ini to reg, for obvious reasons...

I have a wee problem.... which is a shame, as I should be bringing you a beer not a problem!

I have a problem with the old plugin since I added mcsxap.... I "think".... at HS startup, the "HS 1.X Interface plug-in" task hangs, which obviously prevents HS starting. If I kill it in task manager, HS initialises, but obviously... no 8055 plugin.... any ideas?

To add info to that, when you do kill the task, you get a log error saying ..

4/16/2006 6:08:48 PM - Error - Initializing interface: malk8055->The remote procedure call failed.

Then.... when it reaches mcsxap...

4/16/2006 6:08:48 PM - Error - Initializing interface: mcsXap->The RPC server is unavailable.

I assume that is because the 8055 failed, and I killed the task.. so mcsxap did not find it resident?

Any help much appreciated.... agh!!!!

David
                  Last edited by Bestgear; April 21, 2006, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Malarcy and other K8055 lovers

I was wondering if Malarcy has still some "hair on his head" meaning
                    not to much troubles in fighting with his code for the 4 board version ???

From a verry reliable source the K8061 board will become on the market
                    in august

Looking forward

Comment

Biggest challenge currently is upgrading from old to new and preserving the config, I don't see a big issue, but I need to decide on a strategy for adding in extra boards once the plugin is configured.

Malarcy

Comment

Originally posted by djblack
                        Hi Malarcy...

I have a problem with the old plugin since I added mcsxap.... I "think".... at HS startup, the "HS 1.X Interface plug-in" task hangs, which obviously prevents HS starting. If I kill it in task manager, HS initialises, but obviously... no 8055 plugin.... any ideas?

To add info to that, when you do kill the task, you get a log error saying ..

4/16/2006 6:08:48 PM - Error - Initializing interface: malk8055->The remote procedure call failed.

Then.... when it reaches mcsxap...

4/16/2006 6:08:48 PM - Error - Initializing interface: mcsXap->The RPC server is unavailable.

I assume that is because the 8055 failed, and I killed the task.. so mcsxap did not find it resident?

Any help much appreciated.... agh!!!!

David
                        New one on me - it's possible there is some bad starup logic that could cause the hang up - I don't use mcsxap but I'll try and give it a test in the version I have running at the moment to see if I can reproduce.

Malarcy

Comment

Hi there...

Think that problem is a COM issue...

I have installed the 8055 on another box with a demo license of HS and it all works fine again...

AGH!!!

DJ

Comment

Try unregistering and re-registering the ocx file on the affected box, if that works, does mcsxap still work? - let me know either way

Malarcy

Comment

Hi Malarcy

Unregistered the ocx, and now HS starts... claims to have initialised the plugin... continues through other stuff, then pops up a box with:

Sorry, you need a newer version of Homeseer to run this plugin: malk8055

???

Then Homeseer hangs - it goes not responding in TaskMgr. The HS 1.X interface plugin task is still running, unlike it was last error... it wont let me clear the message box.

I am running 2.0.2041 and 1.1.0.0 of malk8055.
                              Sorry to be a pain... any help much appreciated.

D

Comment

I have an idea as to the issue - but it will take me a day or two to look into it - I am not at home at the moment and can't get near the source code - but I suspect I am treading on an identifier that mcsxap is using (or vice versa) - I''ll let you know

Malarcy

Comment

Working...
                                X