No announcement yet.

Velleman K8055 Plugin V1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently using the original dll - I have copied it into the homeseer directory on the test machine and it seems to work fine - will be testing the latest rev with the new plugin.

What's special about you/your config- I haven't run it on 2k3 but I can't see why it would be an issue - the dev machine (laptop) is in the boot of the car at the moment so I can't check what's happening next but I guess I just load it up with debug and see what we get - I'll try and cut a version one night this week

Malarcy

Comment

Hi

Will check with the dll in the HS directory... will be end of week before I get a chance to play. It will be a releif if that is it!! - even though it should not matter.

I have always used the new dll... will try the old one too.

I have had it working on another pc with wk3 server... so am at a total loss as to why this will not work... and cant think of anything different about it - same CD copy etc

Is there any debug that can be done within hspi_compatibility?
      Is it worth me getting a pci usb card just to rule that one out too? Both motherboards are SIS chipsets... the 2k3 server that worked was a VIA.

DJ
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Gotta reckon it's something environmental - but my code just uses the same calls as the demo program - I stole them from the source code - so if they can initialize and talk to the hardware I should be able to....

One question - are you running hs as a service?

Malarcy

Comment

Hi Malarcy

Nope - not running HS as a service... not even tried that one!

I have just found a newer version ofthe DLL plus some stuff in the zip to read... looks like its a newer version that is on the distro cd... so there may be three versions of the dll....

I am really at a loss... just tried the board on my laptop and its all ok.... just dont know what to do.....

I wonder if there is any debug for hspi_compatibility.... will have a look... My guess is tho that it passes control to your code and waits for it to return.... is that right?

I have ordered another usb card so will rule that one out too.. I am now clutching at straws!

Will keep you posted...for amusement value if nothing else!!

DJ

Comment

I'll cut some test code on Thursday if I get a chance- hopefully some clue as to what's happening - I must be returning something bad to homeseer - but why is it happening to you.

Malarcy

Comment

Thanks Malarcy.... really appreciate it...

Dont suppose you are ever over near M4-J4? I guess I must be owe you some beer.....

DJ

Comment

Don't go that far on my holidays <G> ..... save the beer until we get it working...

Malarcy

Comment

...as an aside, do input events get logged when they happen?

DJ

Comment

If the device has not been set to "don't log" you should get log messages for each input trigger.

Malarcy

Comment

Well.made some progress tonight......!

But not quite there yet!!

I downloaded a new DLL from Velleman's US site, and it is different to the two versions that I have previously tried from the original distribution CD.

So... now the plug in initialises...gets further... and devices are created... but none of them work....Velleman demo proggy still works ok.

BUT - At startup with your debug version.... (clicking Ok as we go)

In INITIO - Starting
                      In INITIO - about to call InitHW with port=1
                      In INITIO - made it back from the inithw (new stage! - never seen this before)
                      In INITIO - call to inithw was successful
                      In INITIO - about to set gioenabled
                      Run-time error '6': Overflow
                      In INITIO - about to exit.....

And in the HS log..

08/06/2006 23:27:00 - COM Plugin - InitIO error: Application-defined or object-defined error
                      08/06/2006 23:27:00 - COM Plugin Erro - Error initializing Custom Interface: Application-defined or object-defined error
                      08/06/2006 23:27:00 - Error - Initializing interface: malk8055->Application-defined or object-defined error

Is this any help!?!?!

Dj

Comment

Well..back again...ish...

I have found an old DLL version for the K8055 on the web, and it now appears to work!!

I do have the occasional K8055e0 error... with "Access violation at address 684B19D1 in modules HID.dll. Read of address 00000000"

I guess this is windows HID dll... so thats anothe trail to follow....

Inputs being logged? Well... no sign of any log entry and the device has not got the dont log box ticked... ideas? I want to get all HS happenings in SQl, so really need these inputs logged.

Back to the DLL.... the new one I found in the US is version 2.0.0.1 if that helps...

DJ

Comment

The version that I have used fore most of the testing is this one - it doesn't seem to contain a version number.

Can you post a link (or the file) you have found - I'll do a byte compare.

Malarcy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi...this is apparently the latest, with optimisation for multiple boards

D
                            Attached Files

Comment

Right - I am going to sort this issue and get the multi board version done if it kills me - I am going to be away for the next week or so and I'll get some time to look at this weekend after next - sorry - real world just won't go away and I haven't got any opportunity until then.

Appreciate the patience - and I'll post some updates when I have more

Malarcy

Comment

a question about this Velleman 8055 card

Basiclly what can i use this card for???

I am sorry if this post is inappropriate for this forum but beleive me i am lost where to look. when you search on the web for 'velleman 8055' you get alot in german which i dont understand.
                                I have been over a number of years trying to make my own infra red (IR) transmitter and receiver connected to the pc. so that any remote can be used to control the pc (using Girder and WinLirc for example) and the pc to control other IR devices. I have built a receiver (and works) did have a transmitter working for about an hour but these devices are via the serial port. I wish to have these devices connected via USB!
                                I am not electronicly experienced but i thought this '8055 - USB Experiment Interface Card' would give me a grounding in problem solving how to get my project off the ground (again). I thought that having in/output would enable me to plug in the wires from my device and see what lights up. I then imagined i would replacate the components to make a standalone device.
                                Now before you all fall down laughing thinking what a mad person I am and that im barking up at the wrong tree, its just been myself trying to piece together little snipets of knowledge and experience into a project that i know does work as there are working models out there. But i am convince i could make them better, especially with the software as that is what i am better or able to grasp better with.

I realy hope i have given enough information for you to grasp and even able to help or redirect me to a better forum.
                                Many thanks for any help
                                Mike )
                                Last edited by ; June 15, 2006, 06:15 AM. Reason: miss typed - pressed return instead of edit sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X