Velleman K8055 Plugin V1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set analog outputs

I tried to set the analog output by using hs.setdevicevalue, but it does not work. It changes value in the status page, but not on the K8055 board. All other inputs and outputs does work. Any idea?

Comment

progress

Hi Malarcy just wondering if youve got any further with the multi card version or have things hit a brick wall, thanks Niko

Comment

I pretty much stopped on the multicard version basically the issue is that the velleman dll has trouble switching between cards - 2 versions available 1) slow and reliable - but so slow that you can miss input events (like a pressure mat or similar) while the card is switching. 2) version, switches fast but not reliably - can get very confused and set the wrong output.

I sent a couple of mails to velleman and didn't get much useful info back from them.

It's a shame - and I hate just stopping - but this stuff must be 100% if it's going to be any use.

I'll ping them another mail to see if thingds have changed.

Malarcy

Comment

Ohhh.. Beta version of v3 dll available - fixes some i/o issues with multiple cards - guess I might look again.......

Malarcy

Comment

This sounds promissing keep us posted thanks,Niko

Comment

Anything new?
              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
              --
              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Time is the enemy here - I will be looking at this again, but probably later on this year - I have a number of weekend commitments at the moment that need my attention.

I suppose I will need to revisit and rewrite in .net as well - another time consumer.

Malarcy

Comment

Digitial Inputs no responce

Hello! Just installed the board and plugin, everything works fine, except the digital inputs. I get no responce.
                  I already tested the inputs with the tool that came with the board.

Ideas anyone?

Comment

what version of the velleman dll are you using.

Malarcy

Comment

The one that came with the board. K8055.dll modified 29-06-2003. Is there a newer one?

Comment

I have recently bought a K8055. I am contemplating developing a .net plugin for it, I have downloaded the SDK it doesn't look too bad, but I don't know how much time I will get for developing with Christmas coming up.

I would like to try the malk8055 plugin can anyone tell me which is the best version to use? with which Velleman DLL?

What circuits have people connected to their K8055s, maybe we could start a new thread for hardware/circuit examples? Has any one made a temperature monitor for it?

Comment

Wahey!

Glad to see more interest in this board!

I have 4 sitting here doing nothing!

The show stopper for me is that I could not get the device to co-exist with other HID compliant devices... which ment that my 100+ (!) devices via gampad inputs would be mutually exclusive....

Andrew - I think you should buy Malarcy some beer and pick his brain before you start, as he has spent heaps of time wading through this.

So, if you do develop, please do try co-existance with a gamepad!

DJ
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I assume that your HID problem is because of the Velleman driver not the plugin.

Do you get this problem if you use the Velleman test program?

How does this problem manifest itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                              I have recently bought a K8055. I am contemplating developing a .net plugin for it, I have downloaded the SDK it doesn't look too bad, but I don't know how much time I will get for developing with Christmas coming up.

I would like to try the malk8055 plugin can anyone tell me which is the best version to use? with which Velleman DLL?

What circuits have people connected to their K8055s, maybe we could start a new thread for hardware/circuit examples? Has any one made a temperature monitor for it?
                              Andrew - if you want to write a .net plugin I am happy to share everything I have - few things from the dll's I found.

1) It doesn't implement callbacks - you have to poll things - so for things like pressure mats the only useful thing you can get from the board is one of the counter devices - store the last value, store the current - if more then it tripped while you were "away".

2) polling sucks on multiboard - because it takes so long for the software to switch boards - my plugin polls every quarter of a second - and it can take that long for v1 dll's to switch boards - so - pants

3) v2 dll's - much faster board switching - but you can trip it up - if you switch boards quickly (like every quarter of a second) the dll gets screwed and you get false reports digital input 1 on board 1 can show up as di 1 on board 4 etc.

4) v3 dll's - supposed to be good but I haven't been there yet - too much real world interference (like trying to stop my kids (girls) school being merged with a boys school that hasn't been so good recently - shameless plug - http://chapter-sock.blogspot.com ).

If there is a real .net interface with callbacks, these boards and their bigger cousins are magic, but I think until that happens - multiboard is always going to suck and that's where I left it (single board works for me - in my implementation). And then dj hit the HID problem - that's a vellemen code problem and I kind of lost the faith at that point, seemed to me the board was always going to be hobby if they weren't going to work on the interface - but then v3 went into BETA.

I gotta be honest and say it's been so long since I touched the code - I am going to have to dig through the ghost images I have around to find the source - it's there - but not "in my face".

PM me if you want to progress - I am not precious about this - it was always a "project" for me - so if you wanna play..........

Malarcy

Comment

Originally posted by WAVI View Post
                                The one that came with the board. K8055.dll modified 29-06-2003. Is there a newer one?
                                Many versions around - the older ones are the ones I coded against so don't think there should be an issue - it's been so long since I wrote this I have forgottten how most of it works - the plugin works on a polling interval - so you have to wait (i think quarter of a second) before a press is registered - i.e. you have to hold the button down. - if it's one of the inputs with an associated digital counter - does that increment?

Malarcy

Comment

Working...
                                X