Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Underground Plugin

Purpose
    I had written up a script a couple of years ago to send weather data to Wunderground ( http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107797 ). Basically it lets you specify whatever device codes you want to send, and then sends that to the Weather Underground. There was a few limitations in what I could do with the script, so I produced a simple plugin to wrap around the origional script.

Plugin Cost
    FREE but donations always welcome, but not required.

FAQ
    Can you add X,Y, Z data?
    In most cases shouldn't be a problem, just let me know what weather data you want to send and if it's supported by Wunderground, I should be able to add it.

What version of Homeseer does this require?
    Plugin utilizes .Net Framework 3.5 and has been written for Homeser 2.1 or higher.

Revision History
    Revision 1.4.12 - 3/28/2011 *BETA*
    - Major rewrite, now has supplemental DLL for handling core WUnderground functions. The core of DLL rewritten in C#and the project was upgraded to VS2010
    - HTTP code changed from HS HTTP Submit code to WebRequest
    - Added support for weather stations that use cardinal directions for the status string (i.e. N, S, E, W, NW, SW, etc)
    - Added UV level device support
    - Settings file converted to XML
    - Password now stored encrypted in the settings file
    - Fix submissions to Wunderground that we returning an error 417
    - Clean up error checking on the weather parameters when being submitted
    - Improved diagnostic logging
    - Now using .NET 3.5
    - Fix typos in About box
    Known Issues
    - You may need to resave the password in settings as the there still may be a bug in the conversion from clear text to encrypted password string

Installation
    Extract and copy the plugin into the Homeseer directory. Start Homeseer and go to the Wunderground link. Set yor device codes in Options, then save settings. You can manually send data under Status, or create an Event by selecting "Submit Weather Data to Weather Underground" as an action.

-Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mloebl; March 28, 2011, 04:38 PM.

This plugin allows you to send data to the Weather Underground based on devices you specify. This plugin supports both normal and Rapid Mode submissions to the Weather Underground.

Copy in the plugin, start Homeseer and go to the Wunderground link inside of Homeseer. Set yor device codes in Options, then save settings. You can manually send data under Status, or create an Event by selecting "Submit Weather Data to Weather Underground" as an action.

-Mike
    Last edited by mloebl; January 26, 2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

For those playing with HS 2.1beta... Here's the same plugin but updated to .Net 2.0.

-Mike
      Last edited by mloebl; January 26, 2008, 10:39 AM. Reason: Remove old plugin..

Comment

Hello Mike,

Trying the new Net2.0 beta and do not see upload event. Downgraded to earlier version and it works fine. Great plugin!
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,

I do have a newer version here I can post. Been crazy over the Holidays so give me a little bit I exclusively use the 2.0 version now with HS 2.2

-Mike

Comment

Pete,

Try this one; latest as of September and should be good to go, if not, let me know!

Happy Holidays!

-Mike
            Last edited by mloebl; January 26, 2008, 10:40 AM. Reason: Remove old plugin..

Comment

Thanks Mike! Will give it a try...I am using HS V2.162.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
              HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
              HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I guess I'm a latecomer to this plugin but I do like it.
                I did try the later NET version with the same problem of the event not showing up. Works fine with the original version.
                If this is still a viable plugin, I would request one augmentation.
                Being Canadian, all of my data is metric. In order to upload to Weather Underground, I need to convert everything to english and store the data in separate devices. Would it be possible to have the plugin include an option to accept metric data, convert it, then upload?
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  I guess I'm a latecomer to this plugin but I do like it.
                  I did try the later NET version with the same problem of the event not showing up. Works fine with the original version.
                  If this is still a viable plugin, I would request one augmentation.
                  Being Canadian, all of my data is metric. In order to upload to Weather Underground, I need to convert everything to english and store the data in separate devices. Would it be possible to have the plugin include an option to accept metric data, convert it, then upload?
                  This was a blast from the past I still use it, but I can't remember the last time I touched the source code. I could probably add an option to support metric. I just opened it up and it's very messy, so may take me a couple of days to clean it up to be usable... It was one of the first .Net plugins I wrote so it's not my best work.

What do you mean the event does not show up? As in there is no event to be able to trigger?

Thanks,

-Mike

Comment

Using the first version, there is an Event Action to the effect "Send Weather Update to Weather Underground". Under the NET2 version, no such action shows up. I am able to do a manual update successfully from within the plugin config page.
                    I use mcsTemperature, which seems to have support built in to update Weather Underground, but it isn't working for me. I am reluctant to ask for assistance there as some of my past requests seem to have been ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                      Using the first version, there is an Event Action to the effect "Send Weather Update to Weather Underground". Under the NET2 version, no such action shows up. I am able to do a manual update successfully from within the plugin config page.
                      I use mcsTemperature, which seems to have support built in to update Weather Underground, but it isn't working for me. I am reluctant to ask for assistance there as some of my past requests seem to have been ignored.
                      That's interesting, I'll have to take a look then, I haven't seen that here. Do you get an error in the HS log when you go to create events?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

No errors found in the log..

Comment

Can you PM your email address and I can see about creating a debug one for you to try?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Sent

Comment

Thanks to Wadenut's help, I've got a new (now working again!) version I'm just finishing up. Now with metric support Thanks to Wadenut for all of his help. I'll put a few finishing touches on it and post it here.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X