Version Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version Control

I'm developing a plugin and have already found the need to have good version control. What VCS are folks using for plugin development?

Ideally, I'd like something that has a plugin to Visual Studio so that check out/in is seamless.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Personally I use subversion for everything on the back end, with AnkhSVN for Visual Studio, MagnetSVN for Office documents, and TortoiseSVN for everything else.

All of those are free except MagnetSVN, which is free in beta.

Comment

nice tip , thank you

Comment

I have loaded VisualSVN Server on the backend, but the VisualSVN plug-in for Visual Studio doesnt work with the express versions. I got a response back from support to that effect. So, I'm thinking TortoiseSVN now...

Thanks!
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sorry, didn't state that. I'm using the Team edition and you're right, the plugin I mention above won't work with the express version. TortoiseSVN will, but it's a little more of an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            Personally I use subversion for everything on the back end, with AnkhSVN for Visual Studio, MagnetSVN for Office documents, and TortoiseSVN for everything else.

All of those are free except MagnetSVN, which is free in beta.
            Same here, except I don't use Magnet since I have very little need for Office documents.
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
            X