HomeSeer HS3 Plugin Author Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
    All sounds good to me ! Progress and moving into the future.
    I'm glad you said that. I'm depending on your DenonAVR plugin.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      I'm glad you said that. I'm depending on your DenonAVR plugin.
      It's definitely the plan...may take some time for the learning curve, and when will HS3 be made available to developers?
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Jquery!!

Jquery I know I saw some references that the new UI will use jquery. Will that mean we will be able to parse jquery native in the scripting functions. currently i depend on a third party DLL for this function, not sure if that DLL will function properly with mono but if needed just something else to recode.

Comment

Originally posted by stboch View Post
          Jquery I know I saw some references that the new UI will use jquery. Will that mean we will be able to parse jquery native in the scripting functions. currently i depend on a third party DLL for this function, not sure if that DLL will function properly with mono but if needed just something else to recode.
          Not sure what you mean by parsing the jQuery - we have taken several controls (elements) and packaged them up into creatable objects that you can use to create a web page. For example, you can create a droplist by creating a new jqDropList, then you give it property values and (in the case of a droplist) give it items for the list using object.Add, then call object.Build and it creates everything needed for that droplist in your web page output. When the values are submitted (either when the form is posted or with auto-submit enabled on the droplist) you get the name=value in your plug-in so you can act upon it.

So, you can look at it as jQuery being packaged up to be even easier to use!
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

ok maybe not what i am talking about is currently I do a call to outside systems via a SOAP interface it provides back information in a Json formart http://www.json.org/

Sorry I should have asked about json not jquery thinking the wrong thing... jquery uses json data occasionally.

Comment

Sorry I should have said JSON. I make calls out to get data from webservices to include that data in my Homeseer. Those servers run SOAP interfaces returning JSON structured data. jquery is one of the ways to present that data on a webpage.

but yay jQuery actively updated interface
              Last edited by stboch; April 10, 2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: Let me post

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Out of 24 plugin authors who responded to the survey so far, 83% said they would update their plugins. That is more than I expected so the response so far is pretty good.
                Rich,

does the 83% include supporting Linux/MONO as well, or just updating to support hs3 on windows
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, Good question.

I currently do not have plans to move to *nix, but good question.

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    Rich,

does the 83% include supporting Linux/MONO as well, or just updating to support hs3 on windows
                    As part of the 83%, I am upgrading for windows support. I will run them through MONO but... I won't be offering support for linux. I'm not going to setup a linux server so my stuff will be "if it works on linux, cool. If not, sorry but I can't test it on linux."
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      As part of the 83%, I am upgrading for windows support. I will run them through MONO but... I won't be offering support for linux. I'm not going to setup a linux server so my stuff will be "if it works on linux, cool. If not, sorry but I can't test it on linux."
                      Jeff, I'm with you on this. I don't really want to dumb-down my code to make it run on MONO. But there is a MONO framework for windows so you could test your code without standing up a linux box. I just don't have any room in my life for linux. its going to be hard enough keeping an HS2 and HS3 version up to date.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I maintain a single code base for mcsSprinklers with compile time switches for conditional compile of Windows vs. Linux configurations. This allows a run time that provides maximum capabilty based upon the OS where it is installed, but does not allow the HST concept of the same object code running on either Windows or Linux.

Comment

Michael,

I like the compile time switches idea and will probably do something similar for the HS2 vs HS3. Its clearly not going to be possible to create one object to support HS2 & HS3
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            ... but does not allow the HST concept of the same object code running on either Windows or Linux.
                            Not sure I agree with that - object code is the compiled output if we are on the same page, and that is not what is happening. The compiled output is specific for the Linux environment - the same DLL files are not being used on both platforms. With a little extra work we could make that happen, but there is no desire on our part to do that just to avoid having to do one extra build.
                            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick, Thanks for clearing that up. Dont know why I was thinking that was your direction. On my smaller application I put run time logic in to configure for one environment or the other, but for mcsSprinklers I did not want to carry extra baggage as I am fitting it into a 500M NAND.

Comment

Hi

The way HS3 is being discussed does worry me a little. My house depends on HS2 to work and it has been a long journey making HS2 work the way I want. I like HS2 but it is not plug and play and I have so many VB scripts, both my own and from other people that would need to work under HS3 for it to be useful. I might buy an HS3 licence and another Wintel box to run it on but I'll need to dual run HS2 and HS3 for some time, as my house is so dependant on HS2 and I fear the transition to HS3 won't be painless. I'm not standing in the way of progress but I suggest the HS team look at other computer business sectors to see what their upgrade paths are like as the amount of pain users experience does effect sales. I know many companies that are going to jump from XP to Win7 as Vista just wasn't worth the hassle in their opinion. Honeywell Experion springs to mind as a good level of backwards support, the latest releases of their control system software still support their legacy display files as well as new file formats, which makes upgrading much more easy. I hope the HS3 release goes well and takes us forward with minimal user pain. I wasn't around for the transition from HS1 to HS2, what was that like?

Until HS3 hits the streets I guess nobody really knows what the HS2 to HS3 transition will really be like for the users, which is the same for any software release. I hope HS provide trial licences on HS3 like they do on HS2 so I can try before I buy.

For me if I can press "next" a few times and retain 95% functionality I would buy and install HS3 on top of HS2 tomorrow, if there are going to be 100s of hours of work making HS3 work the way HS2 does with re-writing scripts and finding work-arounds for no longer supported plug-ins then I'm going to be much more careful in my decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X