Idiotic problem with ASPX page...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiotic problem with ASPX page...

I'm in the middle of creating a plugin. I've made the public scripting functions, and they work great using scripts. This is completely OK within a script:
    Code:
    hs.Plugin("Domation").CreateDevice("Child 1 Green", "A3", 1, 2, True)

However, if I place the exact same line in my ASPX page for the plugin, I get an "Object not set to an instance of an Object" error which does not make sense.

If I in the aspx page for example do:
    Code:
    Response.Write(hs.Plugin("Domation").Version)
    ... it prints out the version number just like it should!

And if I remove a parameter from the function call, like this:
    Code:
    hs.Plugin("Domation").CreateDevice("Child 1 Green", "A3", 1, 2)
    ... I get an "Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'CreateDevice' accepts this number of arguments" like I should. So the aspx page DOES find the function!

I'm completely stuck! I seriously don't know what's going on.

What am I missing?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

How about: hs.Plugin("Domation").CreateDevice("Child 1 Green", "A3", 1, 2, True)
    Jon

Comment

I don't know if I can see a difference between your line and my (first) line, or am I going blind? (It wouldn't be the first time)
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Sorry, I misread your post - you are not going blind!
        Jon

Comment

OK, I'm closer but still rather far away.

I can't reference the HS object in my CreateDevice sub! I've simplied it down to this:

Code:
              Public Sub CreateDevice(ByVal p_name As String, ByVal p_DeviceCode As String, ByVal p_DomationRef As Integer, ByVal p_DomationChannel As Integer, ByVal p_IsRGB As Boolean)
                  Try
                      hs.WriteLog("Test", "Entering CreateDevice in Domation")
                  Catch ex As Exception
                      Throw New Exception("Domation, CreateDevice: " & ex.Message)
                  End Try
              End Sub
          ... and even that gives me an "Object not set to an instance of an object" error!

Right above is the New() sub, which also uses the HS object, but that works fine!

Comment

Try it without the parentheses.
            hs.Plugin("Domation").CreateDevice "Child 1 Green", "A3", 1, 2, True

Comment

That's not it. ASPX is .NET and therefore you must use paranthesis.

Comment

Just a stab in the dark but have to tried renaming your CreateDevice sub.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                  Just a stab in the dark but have to tried renaming your CreateDevice sub.
                  Yes, I renamed it to "Testing123" to be sure that it wasn't a naming conflict. But nothing changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    That's not it. ASPX is .NET and therefore you must use paranthesis.
                    Would it hurt you to try it?

Comment

Originally posted by knarfm View Post
                      Would it hurt you to try it?
                      Yes. VS doesn't "allow" it.

Comment

I thought the HS object was late bound.
                        If CreateDevice is a Function with a return value then declare a variable of the proper return type and assign it to your function call.

Comment

Originally posted by knarfm View Post
                          I thought the HS object was late bound.
                          If CreateDevice is a Function with a return value then declare a variable of the proper return type and assign it to your function call.
                          Yes, it can be. However, changing it from Object to Scheduler.hsapplication doesn't matter.

CreateFunction is a sub that uses the HS object to create a new device.

Comment

Working...
                          X