Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 - Real Time Device Monitoring from node.js - HomeKit Plugin Mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way I can get the following garage door opener to work? I need the "stateRef" option that doesn't exist anymore.

I have a mimoLite hooked up with a binary contact sensor. I need the open/close control AND separate binary contact sensor to be passed along to HomeKit as a single garage door opener. I see that the stateRef does not work in the config anymore. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
      Any way I can get the following garage door opener to work? I need the "stateRef" option that doesn't exist anymore.

I have a mimoLite hooked up with a binary contact sensor. I need the open/close control AND separate binary contact sensor to be passed along to HomeKit as a single garage door opener. I see that the stateRef does not work in the config anymore. Thanks!
      Please explain how the two work together. Do you just pulse the mimoLite to get it to change open to closed (i.e., is it acting more like a doorbell button?) with the binary sensor indicating opened or close?

Rather than changing the plugin's code, I think an easier solution will be to create a "virtual device" for the garage door opener, and then tie that to HomeKit. When that virtual device is changed from opend to closed, you could then trigger an event that drives the mimoLite and checks the binary sensor. I can explain how to do this once I know how you are actually using the mimoLite / binary sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Please explain how the two work together. Do you just pulse the mimoLite to get it to change open to closed (i.e., is it acting more like a doorbell button?) with the binary sensor indicating opened or close?

Rather than changing the plugin's code, I think an easier solution will be to create a "virtual device" for the garage door opener, and then tie that to HomeKit. When that virtual device is changed from opend to closed, you could then trigger an event that drives the mimoLite and checks the binary sensor. I can explain how to do this once I know how you are actually using the mimoLite / binary sensors.
        I pulse the mimoLite to pulse the relay (therefore opening or closing the garage door). The mimoLite binary contact sensor is setup so when the door is closed the contact is closed. The problem I'm having is the Homebridge plugin only allows one reference, so I can close and open the door, but the iOS icon won't reflect open or closed as pertaining to the binary sensor. Hope that makes sense. The "garage door" iOS icon works in the sense that it will trip the relay, but the icon immediately goes back to closed as it only shows open when pulsing the relay. Thank you for replying!

Comment

Working...
        X