Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tenHsEvents Monitors Device Changes in Real Time (need beta testers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same.
    Control works before, and while i use the program. But after , I can control individual device, but not multiple device wich are mapped to one devices ( ex : my hallway virtual device turn of anything in the hallway. Now , it doesnt. But i am able to control the device individually.

And my motions events don't fire

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
      Same.
      Control works before, and while i use the program. But after , I can control individual device, but not multiple device wich are mapped to one devices ( ex : my hallway virtual device turn of anything in the hallway. Now , it doesnt. But i am able to control the device individually.

And my motions events don't fire
      Would you please try this test version: http://tenholder.net/temp/tenHsEventsTest.zip

Log records will not be recorded.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Will do tomorow. I need to monitor a plugin until tomorow on my system

Comment

I have open/closed the app 3 times, and there is no issues with this test version. I also let the app run for 5 minutes

Comment

will let it run for 15-25 mins now as I need to go to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              I have open/closed the app 3 times, and there is no issues with this test version. I also let the app run for 5 minutes
              Thanks. If you have no further problems, I'll be ready for another release.
              tenholde

Comment

After 15 mins. I closed the app. And I have no issues at all.

Comment

Version 3.5 of tenHsEvents is now available here. I would appreciate any feedback.

Changes:

Eliminated receiving Log events from HS, as there are bugs in HS with this.

Still display log, retrieving a fresh copy of recent entries periodically.

Open button for tenHsEvents Log now red if new entries exist.

Now coordinates with tenScripting to show HS Events and the HS Log

Minor additional bug fixes.

Thanks for everyone's patience.
                  tenholde

Comment

Upgraded to 3.5

1) No events were shown in the window (completely blank) on startup. Even though all devices/floor/Rooms were ticked in the filters, I had to select 'All' before I got entries being logged.

2) Loads of duplicate device name messages in the HS Log. They are not duplicates and have different addresses/reference numbers. For example I have a UPS plugin which runs on several PC's.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Upgraded to 3.5

1) No events were shown in the window (completely blank) on startup. Even though all devices/floor/Rooms were ticked in the filters, I had to select 'All' before I got entries being logged.

2) Loads of duplicate device name messages in the HS Log. They are not duplicates and have different addresses/reference numbers. For example I have a UPS plugin which runs on several PC's.
                      Thanks, I'll look at the startup issue.

I'm surprised at how many people have duplicate fully-qualified device names. So, I assume that the program is now treating all devices with the same fully-qualified names the same and filtering them together? Is this acceptable, or do I need to differentiate between/among them?
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

Thanks, I'll look at the startup issue.

I'm surprised at how many people have duplicate fully-qualified device names. So, I assume that the program is now treating all devices with the same fully-qualified names the same and filtering them together? Is this acceptable, or do I need to differentiate between/among them?
                        I have not looked at this in any detail but your log messages seem to indicate that they have been ignored:

Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS UPS Information
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Communications
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Voltage
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Est Energy Consumption
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Load Watts
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Load %
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Est Run time
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Battery Capacity
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Status
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Root
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Event Log
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS UPS Information
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Communications
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Voltage
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Est Energy Consumption
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Load Watts
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Output Load %
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Est Run time
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Battery Capacity
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Status
                        Feb-17 16:37:49 tenHsEvents Duplicate Device Name Ignored: Utility Jon00 Eaton UPS Root

Jon

Comment

tenHsEvents will keep the first device with the same fully-qualified name and drop any additional ones, giving the message. tenHsEvents relies solely (right now, at least) on the full name for processing, so if you filter on a location or device that affects the device it kept, it should filter on all devices with the same name. If not filtered, then any of the devices with that name should appear in the list as their values change. The drawback is that you cannot separately filter among devices with the same fully-qualified name. Is this acceptable, or if not, I will retool this approach.

Still trying to find issue with startup. Have you saved any triggers yet? Could you post your config file: users/xxxx/appdata/local/tenware/tenhseventsxxxxxx/version/user.config
                          tenholde

Comment

No, I just loaded your latest version before I had my evening meal and noticed the issues posted. I have not had time to 'play'.

I'm fine with the filtering as is. I suppose one way would be to start/append the device reference number to the full device name?

Here is the config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                            <configuration>
                            <configSections>
                            <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
                            <section name="tenHsEvents.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
                            </sectionGroup>
                            </configSections>
                            <userSettings>
                            <tenHsEvents.My.MySettings>
                            <setting name="HsComputer" serializeAs="String">
                            <value>192.168.1.XX</value>
                            </setting>
                            <setting name="UpgradeSettings" serializeAs="String">
                            <value>False</value>
                            </setting>
                            </tenHsEvents.My.MySettings>
                            </userSettings>
                            </configuration>
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                              tenHsEvents will keep the first device with the same fully-qualified name and drop any additional ones, giving the message. tenHsEvents relies solely (right now, at least) on the full name for processing, so if you filter on a location or device that affects the device it kept, it should filter on all devices with the same name. If not filtered, then any of the devices with that name should appear in the list as their values change. The drawback is that you cannot separately filter among devices with the same fully-qualified name. Is this acceptable, or if not, I will retool this approach.
                              What specifically defines it's choice for "fully-qualified name"?

Because I've got a bunch of Lutron Ra2 lighting connected and it's showing duplicates in the tenhsevents log window.

As to why would duplicates exist... with things like keypads with scene settings it's not odd at all to have the same name used on different keypad. I've got a kitchen with a keypad on the island, near the entry door and near the breakfast table. All three keypads have a button labeled "Sink" on them. That button calls a scene that toggles the kitchen sink lights. But each button is unique and has it's own HS reference ID.

Likewise all of the keypads, throughout the house, have a "Raise" and a "Lower" button, one that acts upon the last device used from another button. So if I've got 5 lights on a keypad those raise/lower could be intended for any one of those five. Renaming them to anything other than Raise/Lower would be less than ideal. Most of them also have one labeled "All Off" as a means to extinguish "all" lighting in that "area".

I mean, I get it, a tool like this isn't expected to be perfect, and that's fine. But it would be helpful to not have it excluding devices the way it does now. It's not interfering with what I'm attempting to debug, so it's not a direct issue for me. But I could see where someone else trying to track down things like keypad actions would be confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X