hs.SetDeviceString, hs.SetDeviceValue, hs.speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.SetDeviceString, hs.SetDeviceValue, hs.speak

When I used this code in HS2 (with a device code) all worked fine, now trying to get it to go in HS3 in and .asp file it chokes.
    Script error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'hs.SetDeviceString'
    hs.SetDeviceString "132",text

The doc says to use parens and when I tried that I still got errors.

In the same code stub, I try to use SetDeviceValue, the HS3 doc directs the use of the device's code like "A10, etc. What happened to using the reference number or is this a type?

hs.speak won't speak unless I enter "*:*" following the speech text. The doc makes no mention of needing it. Am I doing something wrong or not reading eh doc right?
    -Rick

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
    When I used this code in HS2 (with a device code) all worked fine, now trying to get it to go in HS3 in and .asp file it chokes.
    Script error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'hs.SetDeviceString'
    hs.SetDeviceString "132",text

The doc says to use parens and when I tried that I still got errors.

In the same code stub, I try to use SetDeviceValue, the HS3 doc directs the use of the device's code like "A10, etc. What happened to using the reference number or is this a type?

hs.speak won't speak unless I enter "*:*" following the speech text. The doc makes no mention of needing it. Am I doing something wrong or not reading eh doc right?
    Try hs.setdevicestring 132,"text",True in vbscript/asp or hs.setdevicestring(132,"text",True) in vb.net.

To set the device value using the reference id, use hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(132, 60.54, True).

See all of them here: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...ast_change.htm

For hs.speak, the documentation lists the 2nd and 3rd parameters as optional, but they may be mandatory. I always include them. http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...edia_speak.htm

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you - much appreciated!

-Rick
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X