Scripting on SEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting on SEL

How can i implement scripting on my SEL? I need to get information from my Honeywell Evohome heating system, but it seems there is no working plugin to do this. so i can either try to develop a script and do it on the linux side, or i can run a process on a windows machine and have the SEL talk to it to get/set data.

I am happy in windows, but i am not a linux person.

Can anyone help or offer advice?

Are you writing in vb?

Comment

It is virtually same just the path to the script file is different than in windows, the issues will be whether any of the methods you need are missing in Mono which is the .net translation that runs on Linux. Some methods are missing.

Comment

Is there an example script (Hello World) i can use as a base? I dont mind what language - it just need to be supported by the SEL on Linux.

My script needs to call home REST services to get data, and put the results into HS devices.

I am calling out to honeywell evohome, and will gladly share the results if i can get it working. I have the calls working in POSTMAN now, so just need to code it and get it running under HS.

Comment

Working...
        X