Detecting Value Change from Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detecting Value Change from Script

Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to generically capture device state/value changes for any device via script.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon

Is this what you are after - http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...uschangecb.htm
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

mrhappy,

that's what I was going to point out!
      I've not played in HS3 too much yet, but in HS2 there was also a way to just setup an event to trigger at ANY change. From there, you can see what the last device was - which is the "thing" that changed value. I'm assuming this is true of HS3 (although I've been wrong before on event creation). Glad to see the register callback is still there! I use that in my iconify script...although it seems that with HS3's built in icon stuff...I might not need this any longer.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thanks, Adam and Dan. I will experiment with this.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon

Comment

Accomplish what I was trying to. Thanks, again, guys!

Now that I see this again, I remember seeing this callback. It has been so long that it had left my memory.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon

Comment

Working...
          X