ActiveX error with Chartdirector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActiveX error with Chartdirector

So I have an .asp page which utilizes Chartdirector. It had been working for a couple of years without error when I was running HS3 on Windows 2003.
    Last weekend I upgraded to Windows 2016 server and have everything working just great with the exception of this page.

The Windows 2016 upgrade is basically an install over the old disk leaving directories in tack with the exception of Program Files XX. So I obviously re-installed HS3 and then overlaid the saved HS3 directory.

I copied the netchartdir.dll to the HS3 bin folder as specified.
    Now I used to use HS2 with chartdirector before I moved to HS3, so even though I the dll was in the HS2 bin folder, I realized that it must have been in the path so that the application worked. I no longer have the HS2 folder on Win2k16, so I figured the copy should have satisfied the requirement. There is no reference in settings.ini. However, there wasn't in HS3 on Win2k3. Not sure how it worked then...

In any case when I try the asp page, I get the following error.

Script error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ChartDirector.API'

Set cd = CreateObject("ChartDirector.API")

SQL = "Select Date, OutdoorTemp, IndoorTemp, PoolTemp From Temperature where Date > DateAdd( 'h', -24, Now() )"
    Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
    Call rs.Open(SQL, "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & _
    Server.MapPath("C:\Program Files (X86)\HomeSeer HS3\data\Graphs\Graphs.mdb"))
    Set dbTable = cd.DBTable(rs)
    rs.Close()

Does anybody have experience with this??? Or is the problem the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Fixed the issue with a newer version of Chartdirector.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
    X