What could this error mean ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could this error mean ?

I have a script which send camera images to my email. It has been working for a long time, and I have changed nothing in the script. I could post the script here but it is quite long and as it has not been changed not sure if it will help. I have other similar scripts, they also have stopped working. But if I could find out what this error means I might be able to find the problem
    The script should send a picture attachment from a gmail address to a gmail address

This is the error in the log:

Error sending email: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed. at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 read, Boolean readLine) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ReadLines(SmtpReplyRe ader caller, Boolean oneLine) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ReadLine(SmtpReplyRea der caller) at System.Net.Mail.CheckCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, String& response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at scriptcode44.VBWrapper.SendEmail(String MailFrom, String MailTo, String Subject, String Body)
    Last edited by mikee123; April 4th, 2018, 02:06 PM.

Check your email settings in HS setup. Your SMTP server is closing the connection. Possibilities could be a change in the settings, or a change at your email provider, such as possibly requiring an SSL connection.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I am using gmail. In the log its reading the emails, but sending shows this error. I tried with and without SSL, port 465 with SSL and port 587 without. I had it without before with 587 and that used to work. Gmail in the HS3 settings is ticked

Apr-04 14:17:56 email Initializing email, found 183 messages
      Apr-04 14:17:56 email Start checking server for email using Gmail
      Apr-04 14:17:56 Startup Initializing email, will check server for new email

Comment

Is it possible the image attachment is too large? If it was working before, maybe the images were smaller before? Just guessing...
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

My HS3 GMail account just reset the setting to not allow less secure apps to access my email. I had to reset it to get mail working again.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I am such an idiot. I was sure my script was sending from my gmail. When I came home I checked my .ini file where all the information for the scripts is stored... and its sending from another email account. And I had to change the password a few days ago...

Comment

Working...
            X