Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I report which trigger was responsible for triggering an event in an email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I report which trigger was responsible for triggering an event in an email?

Sorry all, new to HS, but I've done a lot of searching and I don't see anything in the scripting help file that I can use to reference which "trigger" tripped the event into the email script. Anyway to do this?

Thanks

I do this by using a separate event for each "trigger". All the events run the same script, but pass a parameter (strSubject) to the script to indicate what triggered the email (text message, actually, in my case).
    Code:
        Public Sub Main(ByVal strSubject As String)

Dim strFrom As String = "____@gmail.com"
            Dim strTo1 As String = "__________@tmomail.net"
            Dim strMessage As String = "$time $date"

hs.SendEmail(strTo1, strFrom, "", "", strSubject, strMessage, "")

End Sub
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Thanks. Actually, I think I saw you post this previously in my searching, lol. I'd prefer to not have an event for each device in my security system. The software I came from was able to do this, so I'm a bit surprised HomeSeer doesn't have this capability.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRadiooo View Post
        Thanks. Actually, I think I saw you post this previously in my searching, lol. I'd prefer to not have an event for each device in my security system. The software I came from was able to do this, so I'm a bit surprised HomeSeer doesn't have this capability.
        Depending on the features of the plug-in for your security system, there may be a device that reports what you want, but HS does not force a standard, so it can vary by application. You could also include a function in the script to loop through the candidate devices to identify the one that was the trigger. Again, that will depend on how the plug-in is designed.

If this issue is limited to your security system, I'd recommend posting it there as well. Perhaps the plug-in already has a feature or the author may consider adding something that will facilitate what you are looking to do.

PS. Welcome to the Homeseer Board.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. These are just of Zwave sensors which are triggering the event. I'm running HS3 with a Z-stick on a RPi3. Not sure if what you said applies here or not.

Comment

I do not use z-wave devices, so am not familiar with the details. It sounds like you are using HS as a virtual security system with stand-alone z-wave sensors. I'm pretty sure there are others doing the same. I suggest you ask your question in the z-wave forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=624
            It's possible that someone has come up with a solution or at least can provide more specific guidance.

Comment

Working...
            X