Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple date formatting for Device Last Change

Hi all:

I don't know much about scripting at all however have gotten a couple of immediate script commands to work, namely:

&nhs.setdevicestring(62, NOW.ToString("ddd d MMM h:mm tt"), true)
    &nhs.setdevicestring(62, hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(70),true)

I would like to format the date that comes from the second script to be just like the first. I've tried a number of different variations and can't get anything to work.

I'm sure it's a simple answer but I would really appreciate it if someone has a quick and ready answer.....

Thanks in advance.

You could do it with a two-line vb.net script:
    Code:
         Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)
            Dim dteLast As Date = hs.DeviceLastChange(70)
            hs.SetDeviceString(62, dteLast.ToString("ddd d MMM h:mm tt"), True)  
         End Sub
    Maybe someone else has an idea for how to reduce it to a one-liner.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Woohoo! I can script! (Sort of.)

Thank you so much Mike, it does exactly what I was looking for.

I did have to make one change. When I first ran the script, it came back with a weird output date; based on all the reading & googling I had done up till now, I figured pretty quickly that changing "DeviceLastChange" to "DeviceLastChangeRef" was needed, and it worked exactly as expected.

(In case anyone was wondering, I am working to output last change dates to HSTouch through virtual devices into which I am putting these dates, with the twist that if it is "Today" I have the output as Today (in a separate virtual device). When it rolls over into tomorrow, I needed to go back and get the last change date and output that in the correct date format. In the end I think it makes perfect sense as a two-step process.)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post

I did have to make one change. When I first ran the script, it came back with a weird output date; based on all the reading & googling I had done up till now, I figured pretty quickly that changing "DeviceLastChange" to "DeviceLastChangeRef" was needed, and it worked exactly as expected.
        Glad it worked. Sorry for the typo. I even tested it, then still typed it into the post wrong.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post

(In case anyone was wondering, I am working to output last change dates to HSTouch through virtual devices into which I am putting these dates, with the twist that if it is "Today" I have the output as Today (in a separate virtual device). When it rolls over into tomorrow, I needed to go back and get the last change date and output that in the correct date format. In the end I think it makes perfect sense as a two-step process.)
          Did you get the script working? I like the idea of displaying "today" in HST. If you don't mind, I would like to borrow your scripting code.

Comment

Working...
          X