Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z wave get instant status regardless of polling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z wave get instant status regardless of polling?

Is there a function to get the instant status not HS cached status of a device, regardless of its polling interval?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The only way to get “instant status” is to change the state of the device. The only way to get the current status of a device is to poll it - either with scheduled polling, manually from the Device Manager or through an Event action. An Event action is easy, under Z-Wave actions you can choose the root or any child node to be polled. Polling a root will lol all child node as well.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Is it possible to Poll device from script? I have old Fibaro Double Relay and one switch doesn't update status to HomeSeer. Now I have Poll action on root node before starting script which is acting upon the current state of the device. However I must also add 1 sec pause between poll and script execution, otherwise the script works with the "old" values. If it's possible, could you give me an example how to poll status of a device with some particular ID number?

Comment

After fiddling with it for an hour, its hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave","","PollDevice",new Object() { YourRefNumber })

It does NOT work as a immediate command thru Control Panel or Run Immediate...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! It helped me a lot, as I need to poll only in one if branch of my script, so I could remove the very noticeable 1 sec wait from event. Also in my setup turned out that hs.WaitSecs(0.1) after your command is sufficient for the poll result to update device status, so that's also a very noticeable change for the users.

Comment

Working...
          X