Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get status history for a device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to get status history for a device?

Two or three values would be enough.
    The problem is that I'd like to detect user interruption of my ramp up script (increasing brightness of a dimmer by 1 % in 3 sec intervals). But the problem is that sometimes the user action gets queued between my check and the next CAPI call so I can't "see" it in my next check.

I can see the historical values in HSBuddy. Is it a HSBuddy plugin thing, or system wide thing? If it is, can I get it from the plugin?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-11 11.27.34.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1258600

Some of the gurus will chime in, but I did sort of a brute force approach using some scripts I wrote eons ago to log date, time, value, etc when a device value changes. Keeps track of water usage.

Don't know if there's something in HS that will do this.
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty View Post
      Two or three values would be enough.
      The problem is that I'd like to detect user interruption of my ramp up script (increasing brightness of a dimmer by 1 % in 3 sec intervals). But the problem is that sometimes the user action gets queued between my check and the next CAPI call so I can't "see" it in my next check.

I can see the historical values in HSBuddy. Is it a HSBuddy plugin thing, or system wide thing? If it is, can I get it from the plugin?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-11 11.27.34.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1258600
      To answer your question, it is an HSBuddy thing. It is a frequent request, but is not a system thing. You can use SKWare’s Device History plug-in or Jon00’s Database Charting script, but they are not as well-suited to the task as HSBuddy’s implementation. This would be a great idea for a plug-in
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Does any of the two mentioned plugins have an interface to use from scripting interface? Because I like graphs and logging, so I have a plan on getting/buying such functionality anyway.

Another rather ugly idea - Can I access the log content from scripting interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty View Post
          Does any of the two mentioned plugins have an interface to use from scripting interface? Because I like graphs and logging, so I have a plan on getting/buying such functionality anyway.

Another rather ugly idea - Can I access the log content from scripting interface?
          Jon00's is a script and has very thorough scripting functions. Device History also has scripting calls. I have attached the Device History user manual. You can download Jon00's from his website, his manual is in the download and too large to attach. Device history is in the updater.

The HomeSeer log is an SQLite database. You can query it as such.
          Attached Files
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm using https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...y-shill?f=1274 - it's one of the best utility plugins in my view

Comment

Working...
            X