Is Light Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Light Property

I am trying to retrieve "Is Light:" property and I can't seem to find any information about how to do this. I was expecting something similar to how I check if the device is dimmable.

dv.Can_Dim(hs)

Does anyone have an idea on how to check this flag?

jon00 gets it in his device viewer, my guess its one of the MISC bits. I'd get the MISC setting from a device and try toggling the setting to see which bit it is until the SDK is updated with an actual define for it.

Comment

It's part of the dvMISC enum. It's not documented in the Help file yet (http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/#.dvmisc), but using Visual Studio to browse it, it shows as IS_LIGHT with a decimal value of 8192 (&H2000).

It can be checked using the same syntax as other dvMISC enums:

Code:
      If dv.MISC_Check(hs, Enums.dvMISC.IS_LIGHT) Then

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1261219
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

thanks sparkman, this was exactly what I was looking for.

I loaded HSPI extension for Visual Sudio and searched for IS_LIGHT , then browsed to the Enums.dvMISC but I could not see it. Is there a good post you can recommend on how to get SDK properly loaded into Visual Studio?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	302
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1261252
        Last edited by BattleDroid; November 22, 2018, 01:09 AM. Reason: +picture

Comment

If you click on Enums.dvMisc, rather than drilling down, the details I show should appear in a window. Can't remember the name of the window and I'm away from my dev computer for a few days.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X