Help with C# script in Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with C# script in Linux

Newb here, coming from ISY. I'm looking to write a quick little script in C# that will get the value of two devices, average them, and then set that value to one virtual device.

Ex: Insteon Bulb "A" set to a value of 10, Insteon Bulb "B" set to a value of 50, then set Virtual Bulb 1 to a value of (A+B)/2 (30). I jdon't know what strings to call.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, is there anywhere I can find a bunch of "sample" C# scripts (specific to Homeseer in Linux) I can play with? Thanks in advance.

Any reason you want to go with c# instead of vb.net? Lots of examples for vb, but very few for c#.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Any reason you want to go with c# instead of vb.net? Lots of examples for vb, but very few for c#.
      From what I understand C# is much faster in Linux. If that is not the case (there is no appreciable difference), then sure, I'll do vb.net. (still a newb at this )

Comment

I don't know if there would be much difference and if there was, whether it's significant. From what I understand, both would be .NET based and therefore processed by Mono either way.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X