Want script for slowly brightening a bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want script for slowly brightening a bulb

i want to have a set of light come on in the morning and slowly go from 5% to 100% over 10min or so...

i gave up on the "magic bulbs" as they weren't reliable...neat... but not reliable.

so, does anyone have a script that will slowly brighten a bulb over time?

i know I could brute force it with a loop and some waits and... but I am hoping someone has an "elegant" solution that won't slow everything else down while it runs, and might support multiple iterations at the same time, overlapping but not necessarily starting/ending at the same time.

(ps...if anyone cares, these are for nitestand daylight bulbs that are supposed to wake you up gently. My wife and I don't get up at the same time, thus the need for multiple iterations of "sunrise.")

Here's the one I use - substitute your own values and Device references. Nore it's not documented, but it's not difficult!!

Rename it back to .vb

Cheers
    Scott
    Attached Files

Comment

If you have UPB, this capability is built in. Just create a link with the appropriate ramp rate and activate the link with an event.
      You could also use the EasyTrigger plug-in and an event with a recurring trigger and a virtual device to increase brightness 5% every 30 sec whenever the virtual device is on, I think.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        If you have UPB, this capability is built in. ...
        The same is true for Insteon dimmers.

Comment

Working...
        X