Control Homeseer with Siri and Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Homeseer with Siri and Shortcuts

Just recently discovered the IOS shortcuts app. It allows a shortcut to be created that can do many things on a iPhone. One that is quite useful is the Get Contents of URL. This can be used to run a HS event call or control a device via JSON call. The shortcut can then be activated via Siri voice command or place a Icon on the Home Screen. Usefull for frequently used HS events or device control. You can also parse the repsonse from HS and do some comditonal logic.

The attached screen shot runs a HS event via this JSON. Could be modified to securely call this via my Homeseer: http://192.168.2.184/JSON?&request=runevent&id=120

Siri anounces the results returned from HS either Ok or an error message. Click image for larger version

Name:	2B483220-80CA-4A45-B6EE-801AB762E632.png
Views:	134
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	1313442

Nothing needed but a IOS device and the shortcut app from the app store.

I tried that when the Shortcuts app came out last year. Worked fine on the iPhone, but of course I don't dig out my iPhone to talk to it - I just talk to my Apple Watch. Via the Apple Watch the Shortcuts were horrifically slow, as in not even usable. Might have improved over time, and of course Shortcuts is getting a major update in the next iOS and macOS releases, so hopefully it is worth revisiting.

Comment

Been doing the same thing here. Got iOS 13 beta haven’t delved too far into the additional feature. One thing the location based automation is currently worthless

Comment

Working...
      X