Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 RPi c#-scripts not working, crashes the system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 RPi c#-scripts not working, crashes the system!

I'm running HS3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B. Works great. I like to do a lot of scripting, preferably C#. However I can't use the option to run a specific sub or function from a script .(see attached screenshot). HS3 crashes when I activate manually the event. Can somebody please help me?

Current HS version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
    Attached Files

What is the error message you are getting? See the system log.

I do my HS programming in vb.net, but they are very similar. I suspect the problem is that you are declaring your function parameters as an array of objects, but have a non-array object being passed in. (i.e. parameter mismatch.) Try taking the array brackets out? "public object Main(object parm)".

Comment

First of all thanks for the response.

What is the error message you are getting? There is no error message in the system log because the moment I manually trigger the event the system(Raspberry Pi 3B+ or HomeSeer?) is dead. After a couple of minutes it is rebooted and functioning again. The .cs script is working fine on a HS3/Windows 10 system. I've tried your suggestion with the parameters but unfortunately the same negative result. So my conclusion is that calling a specific function in a vb-script works, but not in a cs-script. Actually I can't believe that I'm the first one running into this problem.

Do you have any suggestion where I can drop this problem?

Thanks again for your time.

Kind regards,
      LΓ©on

Comment

Originally posted by vsl52 View Post
        First of all thanks for the response.

What is the error message you are getting? There is no error message in the system log because the moment I manually trigger the event the system(Raspberry Pi 3B+ or HomeSeer?) is dead. After a couple of minutes it is rebooted and functioning again. The .cs script is working fine on a HS3/Windows 10 system. I've tried your suggestion with the parameters but unfortunately the same negative result. So my conclusion is that calling a specific function in a vb-script works, but not in a cs-script. Actually I can't believe that I'm the first one running into this problem.

Do you have any suggestion where I can drop this problem?

Thanks again for your time.

Kind regards,
        LΓ©on
        First you should always raise issues to support@homeseer.com. Secondly there is a history of issues with cs-script with Mono and will be very dependent on the version of Mono you are using. I do think the majority of people are using VB scripts so this is not a widely used functionality so you probably won't find too many posts about it which again makes HS support your best option.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Kind regards,
          LΓ©on

Comment

Originally posted by vsl52 View Post
            Thanks for the info.

Kind regards,
            LΓ©on
            Just so you're aware and everyone else can be as well. HomeSeer Support sent me an email telling me that I SHOULD NOT be telling users to contact support about issues they are having in regards to scripting because they don't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

Just so you're aware and everyone else can be as well. HomeSeer Support sent me an email telling me that I SHOULD NOT be telling users to contact support about issues they are having in regards to scripting because they don't support it.
              Well, thats a new one... Why would they not support scripting?
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Well, thats a new one... Why would they not support scripting?
                I would say ask them but they would probably just email me again.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

I would say ask them but they would probably just email me again.
                  lol. I wonder if they meant that they won't help people with their scripts. rjh Can you clarify what level of support on scripting functions we can expect?
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

We can support issues like bugs with the scripting interface, but we cannot support questions about how to write a script. The support staff are not programmers and just don't know anything about scripting.

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

lol. I wonder if they meant that they won't help people with their scripts. rjh Can you clarify what level of support on scripting functions we can expect?
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      We can support issues like bugs with the scripting interface, but we cannot support questions about how to write a script. The support staff are not programmers and just don't know anything about scripting.
                      Thanks Rich, that's what I expected.
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I think the issue here is with C# scripting. We added the support to MONO using a third party module. I know it worked when I added it, but I have not used it in quite some time and I guess there is an issue with it now. Might be related to the MONO version. So this is something the developers have to look into and I will log it as an issue to work on.

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Thanks Rich, that's what I expected.
                        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                        X