Virtual Device String getting truncated, possible HS3 Pro/Windows issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device String getting truncated, possible HS3 Pro/Windows issue

I have a "summary script" that runs every time a device value changes. We use the script to create a customized Event History log. For example, I define a Virtual Device "Event Log" in HS3, and every time a device value changes, it writes to the String variable in Event Log, concatenating the string. Example:
    • DOWNSTAIRS OFFICE OFFICE DIMMER was turned OFF at 10:14 AM on Oct-30
    • DOWNSTAIRS OFFICE OFFICE DIMMER was turned ON at 10:14 AM on Oct-30
    • DOWNSTAIRS OFFICE OFFICE DIMMER was turned OFF at 09:44 AM on Oct-30
    We (our home automation company) have been using the script for 2+ years. On ZS2/Linux systems running HS3, there is no issue--has been working as designed on many systems. Depending on how much activity there is the Event History will generally have 1-3 days of entries. The problem is a customer who runs on Windows:
    • HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    Recently his Event History has been timing out--after 1-2 hours the oldest entries are removed. It isn't string length dependent; I forced multiple events and grew the string to 5000+ characters long. The next morning the string was blank. It seems to be time dependent. I'm trying to narrow it down, but appears entries 1-2 hours old disappear.
    I'm not sure where to start looking. The HS3 log is fine. It's set to the default 50 MB and I see over a week of entries there. Like I said, the same script on other systems with no issues. Are there any setting buried in HS3 that I should check?

Hard to help without seeing the script... There are no settings related to what you are seeing in HS3 as far as I know.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I understand. It's not my script, and I'm trying to get in contact with the original author. I was probably a little premature in posting here, so I'm going to stand down until I hear from the author and hopefully get either some insight, or permission to post the script here.
      Thanks.

Comment

I'm following up with this issue again, hoping someone has some insight. The issue continues on this customer's Windows system. In fact, I verified there were light on/off events in the log going back 6 days, but the event summary we generate was blank. I'm attaching our script, which is set to run every time a device value changes. I stripped out some unrelated stuff, and left just 3 lights devices in on the list.

Where all the "magic" happens is, I believe, the Private Sub UpdateLogHistory() which is at the bottom of the file.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X