Terminating my script on error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminating my script on error

I have a vb.net script file written and working just fine. The script launches a windows command file to run speediest_cli.exe. Before I launch the command file I setup a .net timer to run for 120 seconds. If the command file does not finish execution before the timer ends then I want to terminate the entire process as there is obviously something wrong.

In the event handler for the timer elapsed event I write an entry to the HS3 log file and then had END in the event handler to abort. This all works as it should when I was debugging in the tenScripting environment. When I exported the script file and tried to run the script directly in HS I get a compiler error saying I could not use an END statement.

Is there another way to terminate my script?

Assuming you have a cmd line still running, terminating the script would orphan this cmd and you would still see it in task manager? Next time, another instance would open and the process would be repeated? If that is correct then I would kill the cmd process to allow the script to recover and terminate by itself.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00.

I had not thought about trying to kill the command process. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X