Looking for a way to script a Z-Wave All Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a way to script a Z-Wave All Off

If anyone has a script that emulates this, would you mind sharing it?

Thanks
    Don

You can do this with Easy Trigger

Comment

I just created an event that does the All Off (using the ZWave action all off). Then I can invoke the event either from another event, or in script.

Comment

Thanks. I am trying to avoid having an event calling a script calling an event. I have EasyTrigger, I'll try to play with that.

Again, appreciate the suggestions.
        Don

Comment

This is a good way to do it using an EasyTrigger group set to expression. The off command is only sent if the device isn't already off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-04 175803.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1375129
          -Wade

Comment

You can just user a normal event to do an all off. No need for any add-ons, scripts, or otherwise. Have the event trigger a z-wave action and set it to all off. As long as the device is set to respond to an all off command you are done.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Unfortunately all on/off is depreciated in current zwave products. That and it felt like throwing a grenade into the zwave network due to the huge spike in network traffic as every device repeated the command. Devices didn't report their status after using all on/off so your device list was almost guaranteed to be out of sync, and there was significant network lag immediately after using for 1 to 2 minutes as I recall.

I used to have 2 events that had all my lights in it to either turn all the lights on or off. I use the all off nightly. I got tired of updating the event as I expanded/updated my switches/dimmers, that and I felt it was inefficient to send an off command to a light that was already off. I started creating a script to mimic the functionality of all/on off. I was working on the script when a light bulb went off and I decided to just use easytrigger. Granted I still have to keep my easytrigger light group up to date, but it's a bit easier to add new devices since it excludes already selected devices from the device list.

So there are 3 possible solutions. I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention an all on/off script and/or posted it.
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

If I were going the script route I would do one script where I could pass the floor or some other grouping and then create an event for each group. A quick skim of this thread had some code. There is some code here to start with.
                Last edited by ksum; April 5, 2020, 08:35 AM. Reason: Fix Typos
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Many thanks for the script references.
                  Don

Comment