Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.mailtext

Hi

I am getting the following error when using hs.mailtext hs. mailsubject works fine:
    Getting email body: Specified uid was not found
    any ideas?

BTW I am using a gmail account for this.
    Thanks

I think I figured out the problem. I am thinking HS must look to the gmail authentication to read the body of the message. I am forwarding the e-mail to my gmail account linked to HS from another gmail account not linked in HS. Can't seem to find a work around. Unless I change the hs link to the orginal sending e-mail account. Any thoughts?

Comment

So I switched the gmail account for POP to the orginator of the e-mail, so its not forwarded still get the same error. For some reason its not recognizing my UID for the message body but works fine for subject and sender. I am at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by wkrasner View Post
        So I switched the gmail account for POP to the orginator of the e-mail, so its not forwarded still get the same error. For some reason its not recognizing my UID for the message body but works fine for subject and sender. I am at a loss.
        I'm suddenly having problems with gmail myself. Not even scripting, direct calls from events are not working, they throw a login credentials error. Double-checked and my login and password are fine. PIN server problems on their end maybe?

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Did you get an app specific password from gmail?

Comment

Did you get an app specific password from gmail?
            No, just using my main account password.

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

you will need to create an app specific password in gmail and use smtp and pop

Comment

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Comment

Working...
                X