Embedded ip camera view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded ip camera view

I've been trying to embed an ip camera feed into a place holder in hs designer

This works:
    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {43, "iPad:iPad", "New Screen:ImageVideo", "http://USER:PASS@IP:80/Streaming/Channels/101/picture"})

Wait 1 second .....

But the picture never updates. If I set "isVideo" which I assume allows it to update then it completely cripples the client; even with a high value i.e. low refresh rate.
    Couldn't get an rtsp feed to work ( no idea if it would be better anyway )

Any suggestions?

thanks

Been reading around on the forum and it does seem there was a caching issue in previous iOS versions.
    Can't see any obvious workaround at the moment.

Comment

More experimenting

If I set Isvideo to true then iPad becomes unusable almost and hstouch eventually crashes.

If I set isvideo to false no update occurs but the image shown is from many hours ago .

This all seems to fit in with this bug which was reported as fixed I believe.

Be nice just to hs.purge("xxxxx") which removes it from the cache and of course forces an update.

Comment

Do you use BlueIris? I view cams from BlueIris UI3 and leave them on my HSTouch iPads most for the time. No problems crashing.

Use large text element and set true for isHtml and allows navigation. I can display all cams or single cam via BluIris URL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
          Do you use BlueIris? I view cams from BlueIris UI3 and leave them on my HSTouch iPads most for the time. No problems crashing.

Use large text element and set true for isHtml and allows navigation. I can display all cams or single cam via BluIris URL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          No I don’t use blue iris
          You refresh a html rather than an image then ?

Comment

I think the 'refresh rate' is broken. A value of 0,1, 100000 produces the same problem.

Comment

Ok. I've fiddled and fiddled with this.

Even wrote a script to grab the image from the ip camera and save it into hs3\html - ; then a URL image link to it; still no update. Putting "isVideo" to true kills it.

So then tried via the script deleting the file and recreating it - still no update. (hoping that would 'force' a refresh)

If though I draw a 'screen' ontop then go back to my camera ip screen it's been updated. So that's forcing a redraw. (even though isVideo is false)

Currently I can't see anyway to get this working in a sensible way 🙄

Comment

Working...
              X