X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocster
    replied
    Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
    There is a big difference between how parameters are passed when called from an HS event versus from HS Touch. The first passes the parameters as a single string (and you have to manually separate the parameters if there is more than one), where HS touch passes the parameters as an array of strings. This is why it is recommended to define the subroutine parameter to be of type "object", as an object will handle either case.

The following is the code I use (and include in any source file that needs it) that will parse either case into something consistant.

Code:
    Private Function TouchParseStr(ByVal parms As Object, ByVal sSep As String, Optional sDef As String = "") As String()
    ' Takes the input parameter, and returns an array of strings.
    ' If called from event, parms is a single string, so does a split on the specified delimiter.
    ' If called from HS Touch, just returns the string array.
    ' Usage: Sub Main(parms As Obect)
    ' Dim p() As String = TouchParse(parms, ",") ' p(0) now contains first, p(1) second, etc
    Dim buff() As String
    If parms Is Nothing Then parms = ""
    If parms.GetType().ToString = "System.String" Then
    If parms = "" Then parms = sDef
    parms = Trim(parms.ToString())
    buff = parms.Split(sSep)
    Else
    buff = parms
    End If
    Return buff
    End Function
    Then an example of how this is used:

Code:
    Public Sub DoSomething(parms As Object)
    Dim p() As String = TouchParseStr(parms, ".")
    If p(0) <> "" Then
    Seems to work! Thank-you so much!!!. Always learning !😁

Leave a comment:

• Pocster
    replied
    Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
    There is a big difference between how parameters are passed when called from an HS event versus from HS Touch. The first passes the parameters as a single string (and you have to manually separate the parameters if there is more than one), where HS touch passes the parameters as an array of strings. This is why it is recommended to define the subroutine parameter to be of type "object", as an object will handle either case.

The following is the code I use (and include in any source file that needs it) that will parse either case into something consistant.

Code:
    Private Function TouchParseStr(ByVal parms As Object, ByVal sSep As String, Optional sDef As String = "") As String()
    ' If called from event, parms is a single string, so does a split on the specified delimiter.
    ' Dim p() As String = TouchParse(parms, ",") ' p(0) now contains first, p(1) second, etc
    Dim buff() As String
    buff = parms.Split(sSep)
    Else
    buff = parms
    End If
    Return buff
    End Function

Code:
    If p(0) <> "" Then
    Thanks. I did read that things were dealt with differently between HS event and HS touch ( did originally have object in my main ).
    I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back.

Much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Code:
    '          Dim p() As String = TouchParse(parms, ",") ' p(0) now contains first, p(1) second, etc
      Dim buff() As String
        buff = parms.Split(sSep)
      Else
        buff = parms
      End If
      Return buff
    End Function

Code:
      If p(0) <> "" Then

Leave a comment:

• Pocster
    started a topic Designer passing parameters to script

Designer passing parameters to script

Hey all

I'm really confused by this. Read some threads and it seems more confusion and not sure how to get this working.

Just want designer to 'run a script' ( and pass my own params) and/or ' run a script with value from elements'

Latest test was this; which throws an error; this may be not what I want 🙂

Public Sub Main(ByVal ParmArray() As String)

hs.CreateVar("current_screen")
    'hs.SetVar("current_screen",ParmArray(0))

hs.Writelog(ParmArray(0))

End Sub

Running script set screen.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Does entry point Main exist in script? at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Obj ect obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Scheduler.clsRunVBNetScript.ExecuteScript()
Working...
X