No announcement yet.

Getting a new ssl/ttl error on my pollen/flu script

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Getting a new ssl/ttl error on my pollen/flu script

    I started getting an ssl/ttl error on my pollen/flu script a few days ago.

    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    I can still access the json file from using cURL and its format hasn't changed. I'm assuming they have changed their security protocol for their https.

    I tried adding this line of code
    System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12
    in the script but it didn't seem to help.

    Not sure what else I can try to get this to work.

    Anyone have any ideas?

     Imports System.Web.Script.Serialization
    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
    Dim fluIndex As Decimal
    Dim coughIndex As Decimal
    Dim strepIndex As Decimal
    Dim feverIndex As Decimal
    ' Create a WebRequest to the remote site, specifying Referer and UserAgent
    Dim getRequest As System.Net.HttpWebRequest = System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create("")
    getRequest.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36"
    Dim getResponse As System.Net.HttpWebResponse = getRequest.GetResponse()
    If getResponse.StatusCode = System.Net.HttpStatusCode.OK Then
    ' Parse the contents from the response to a stream object
    Dim stream As System.IO.Stream = getResponse.GetResponseStream()
    ' Create a reader for the stream object
    Dim reader As New System.IO.StreamReader(stream)
    ' Read from the stream object using the reader, put the contents in a string
    Dim contents As String = reader.ReadToEnd()
    ' Save JSON string into a JSON file
    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText(hs.GetAppPath & "\html\json\Flu.json", contents, False)
    ' Convert JSON string to object
    Dim jsonData As Object = New JavaScriptSerializer().Deserialize(Of Object)(contents)
    ' Get Flu Index
    fluIndex = CDec(jsonData("Location")("periods")("0")("Triggers")("0")(" Index"))
    ' Get Fever Index
    feverIndex = CDec(jsonData("Location")("periods")("0")("Triggers")("1")(" Index"))
    ' Get Strep Index
    strepIndex = CDec(jsonData("Location")("periods")("0")("Triggers")("2")(" Index"))
    ' Get Cough Index
    coughIndex = CDec(jsonData("Location")("periods")("0")("Triggers")("3")(" Index"))
    End If
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4034, fluIndex, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4034, fluIndex.ToString & " out of 12", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4034, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4035, feverIndex, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4035, feverIndex.ToString & " out of 12", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4035, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4036, strepIndex, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4036, strepIndex.ToString & " out of 12", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4036, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4037, coughIndex, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4037, coughIndex.ToString & " out of 12", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4037, now)
    Catch ex As Exception
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4034, -1, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4034, "Error Retrieving Data", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4034, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4035, -1, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4035, "Error Retrieving Data", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4035, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4036, -1, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4036, "Error Retrieving Data", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4036, now)
    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef (4037, -1, True)
    hs.SetDeviceString(4037, "Error Retrieving Data", True)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(4037, now)
    hs.writelog("Error", "Error retrieving Flu Data.")
    End Try
    End Sub

    Probably nothing wrong with your script. it looks like flustar's SSL certificate has expired.


      Thanks Jon

      Didn't think to check that.


        I checked and it looks like they updated their certificate on 1/19/22. That is the last day I was able to access. It says they are up to date according to check site:

        DNS resolves to

        HTTP Server Header: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
        TLS Certificate

        Common Name =

        Organization = IQVIA Inc

        City/Locality = Collegeville

        State/Province = Pennsylvania

        Country = US

        Subject Alternative Names =,

        Issuer = DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1

        Serial Number = 06ED7158A982A4B88C72C5BE16D72BC4

        SHA1 Thumbprint = 2F2C0F7ECBD93134A80FEE239E49FB8A4C72410D

        Key Length = 2048

        Signature algorithm = SHA256-RSA

        Secure Renegotiation:
        TLS Certificate has not been revoked
        OCSP Staple: Not Enabled
        OCSP Origin: Good
        CRL Status: Good
        TLS Certificate expiration

        The certificate expires February 2, 2023 (373 days from today)
        Certificate Name matches
        Valid from 19/Jan/2022 to 02/Feb/2023
        Issuer DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1
        Subject DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1
        Valid from 24/Sep/2020 to 23/Sep/2030
        Issuer DigiCert Global Root CA
        TLS Certificate is correctly installed

        Congratulations! This certificate is correctly installed.


          This is what I get here on Firefox and Chrome:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	114
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1523179Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	89
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1523180


            Well they finally fixed their certification after almost two weeks. The script started working again.

            An acquaintance of mine said his similar python script never failed through this and I was about to put "learn python" on my to do list.