X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmn
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    The new way is CAPI. It's no longer a one liner and hopefully Rick and crew will come up with a wrapper function to make this easier. Do a search on the message board for CAPI as I know one user posted a replacement for the old functions.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...83&postcount=1

Really helped me out.

Regards
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    The new way is CAPI. It's no longer a one liner and hopefully Rick and crew will come up with a wrapper function to make this easier. Do a search on the message board for CAPI as I know one user posted a replacement for the old functions.
    Thanks for the quick response!, I'm working on this right now and 100% focused on figuring it out! I appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Charles

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    ExecX10 is no longer supported in HS3.
    I understand that Rupp, My question is what is the Replacement for controlling a z-wave device? In HS2 I was able to use ExeX10 in order to control all of my Z-Wave Switches, but now I' trying to figure out how to do it in HS3.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
    As Uncle Michael said the devide handling has changed a lot. In addition to this I think you have at least couple of problems in your code. Instead of sub main use:

Sub main(parms As object)

Try replacing also
    hs.Waitsecs 15
    hs.ExecX10 "Q2", "off"

with
    hs.Waitsecs (15).
    hs.ExecX10 ("Q2", "off")

I still believe that the commenting technique I mentioned is very useful (although it may take time).
    ExecX10 is no longer supported in HS3.

Leave a comment:

• jlikonen
    replied
    As Uncle Michael said the devide handling has changed a lot. In addition to this I think you have at least couple of problems in your code. Instead of sub main use:

Sub main(parms As object)

Try replacing also
    hs.Waitsecs 15
    hs.ExecX10 "Q2", "off"

with
    hs.Waitsecs (15).
    hs.ExecX10 ("Q2", "off")

I still believe that the commenting technique I mentioned is very useful (although it may take time).

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by definityone2002 View Post
    . . .the issue is that the scripting commands within HS3 have changed from the way they were in HS2 and I just don't know what the converted commands are or if they even exist.
    Have you checked the HS3 Help file?
    Tools/Help/Homeseer Help File, then click on the '+' sign next to Scripting.

The way to reference a device has changed significantly. Here a couple of threads that may also help.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161853
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1098995

Also look at TenScripting. It's a really powerful tool.

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
    One way of debugging your script is to comment all the lines (except sub main and end sub) and then start uncommenting them one by one. This what I'm doing if I can't find any reason for problems.

That's not the issue though, the issue is that the scripting commands within HS3 have changed from the way they were in HS2 and I just don't know what the converted commands are or if they even exist.

Thanks for your thoughts though, any help is appreciated.

Charles

Leave a comment:

• jlikonen
    replied
    One way of debugging your script is to comment all the lines (except sub main and end sub) and then start uncommenting them one by one. This what I'm doing if I can't find any reason for problems.

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    What if I say there is $ involved? I know in this day and age if anything requires a little time and thought people would like to be compensated. I am willing to pay someone to help me on this one.

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    Just curious, why are you doing this through a script and not in HS3 with an event?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The other reason is because it's much easier to cut / paste and adjust than to have to create an event for each device.

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    replied
    Because there are way too many lights to manage that way (over 30). to me it just seems cleaner to put all of my lights in 1 script. If I were able to write this in .net or incorporate it into a plugin, I would do that, but I'm not a programmer and have no knowledge on how to accomplish that.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    HS2 to HS3 Conversion

Just curious, why are you doing this through a script and not in HS3 with an event?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• definityone2002
    started a topic HS2 to HS3 Conversion

HS2 to HS3 Conversion

Can someone help me with this script. I've done tons of research to get this to work via HS2 awhile ago, I messed with it a little in order to get the file converted but I can't seem to find the matching commands within HS3.
    I'm just a little frustrated with HS3 (Scripting wise) I'm sure there is a resolution but I'm at a dead end.

Basically this script / event checks to see if a particular light has been on for a specified amount of time and if there has been any motion for another specified amount of time then turns it off if it detected no motion.
    It also warns us over the house speakers that its turning off.

Below is my sample HS2 Script which runs in a recurring event every 1 minute.
    I've shortened it to only 1 device to simplify it as I have over 30 z-wave light switches that are in the original script.
    My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to get the hs.ExecX10 "Q2", "off" to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sub main()
    TrackLight = hs.Devicetime("Q2")
    TrackLightStat = hs.Devicestatus("Q2")
    KitchenMotionStat = hs.Devicestatus("M13")
    KitchenMotion = hs.Devicetime("M13")

If TrackLight > 30 and TrackLightStat <> 3 and KitchenMotionStat = 3 and KitchenMotion > 10 then
    hs.speak "Track lights have been on for " & TrackLight & " minutes, Turning off in 15 seconds"
    hs.Waitsecs 15
    hs.ExecX10 "Q2", "off"
    end If

end sub

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an earlier thread that I've posted when I was originally working on it in HS2
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145027

Any help is much appreciated.

Charles
    Last edited by definityone2002; January 5, 2014, 08:47 PM.
Working...
X