Looping a media file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looping a media file

Hi. Any advice on how I can play a small mp3 file on a loop?

I want to setup an alarm system that plays a siren as an mp3. I want it to keep playing on a loop until a particular device has its value set to off

Setting this up is a bit tricky but start with an event and choose
    - if "A recurring trigger happens"
    - for the "Choose another" select "this event will automatically trigger every"
    - enter say 3 seconds this depends on the length of the wav file.
    - then for Choose an Action select play an aufio file and browse to upload your file
    - At this point the file will start to play which can be distracting.
    - Now select the + next to the "IF The event will automatically trigger every 3s" and add your trigger to cause the loop. Ie a lamp going on or off or what ever you want to use as your looping trigger.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Interesting. I didn't think of doing it that way. I'll give it a try. Thanks

Comment

Let me know if you have any questions. I just tested it here and when I turn a light on the wav plays over and over. Turn the light off the way stops. The hardest part is the trigger if it's not a "standard" trigger.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X