Scripting with Visual Studio Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
    The easiest way to get the HS3 dlls installed on your remote PC (laptop) is to install the HS3 speaker app, and then add references to the installed dlls.

tenholde

I've looked around and haven't found a way to just install the HS3 Speaker client without installing the whole HS3 program.

-phil

Comment

Originally posted by vbphil View Post
      I've looked around and haven't found a way to just install the HS3 Speaker client without installing the whole HS3 program.

-phil
      Well, I've looked and apparently there is no speaker only install. Pretty strange. HS3 still has a ways to go.

So then, just copy the three files from your HS3 server to any permanent location on your remote computer and add references to these files.

HomeSeerAPI.dll
      HSCF.dll
      Scheduler.dll
      tenholde

Comment

Ed:

Is there any magic to develop on a 32 bit machine and move it to a 64 bit machine?
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
          Ed:

Is there any magic to develop on a 32 bit machine and move it to a 64 bit machine?
          If you mean developing scripts using tenScripting, then no. The scripts are just text files, and are actually compiled and linked by HomeSeer when they are executed in production (after you export them to HS), or compiled and linked by Visual Studio when the tenScripting project is run during development.

Both HS2 and HS3 are 32-bit applications that will run on either a 32-bit or 64-bit machine, but as 32-bit applications.

The tenScripting project is defined such that 32-bit code is created -- necessary for it to properly link to HS -- but the scripts you code and debug are just source files that get exported to the HS script folder.

This should be of no consequence to someone developing scripts using the tenScripting development VS project -- no difference on 32-bit or 64-bit machines.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Thanks....
            Don

Comment

These were a great help. Thanks for taking the time to make them.

I've also begun recording videos to assist first time users:

Videos

I'd appreciate feedback. Is it worth the effort to record the next several that walk through coding, debugging, and exporting a few scripts?

tenholde
              Don

Comment

I've also begun recording videos to assist first time users:

Videos

I'd appreciate feedback. Is it worth the effort to record the next several that walk through coding, debugging, and exporting a few scripts?

tenholde
                tenholde,
                Your videos are A++. Tried to get tenscripting up and running sometime ago without much success. Have none a few simple scripts, a lot of trial and error, using a text editor. Your videos got me up and going quickly. Am looking forward to future videos. Well done and thanks !
                Tom

Comment

Working...
                X