Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# Basic Help

Hi.

With the latest Beta of HS3, apparently the guys have suggested using C# over VB.net on Linux / Zee for performance benefits. I've been holding back from using VB.net for exactly this reason.

So now it seems that I need to get going with C#. Would someone be able to post a few basic scripts or point me to some docs on the forum in order to start my journey into C#

Thanks

Phill

Learning C#

If you are just wanting to learn C#, I have found that Youtube is a great resource for that. I also found that a group called "TheNewBoston" does a pretty good job of teaching on Youtube and they have several hundred videos covering starting programming to advanced topics in C#. There are others that I have watched too, but many are done by people from other countries that I have trouble understanding the accents.

As far as how it integrates with Homeseer, I have not looked at that part yet. I just started learning a couple of years ago. Also if you want to learn the C# language in depth, there is a site called Pluralsight.com that is great for learning. It has a yearly fee associated with it though.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

Having problems getting the test script from the "HS3 Scripting Documentation" working. See attached pic.

The log says as below but this isn't what I expected from the script.

Apr-23 20:17:37 Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Test.cs("Main","a")

Apr-23 20:17:37 Event Event Trigger "Testing C# Script"

Apr-23 20:17:37 Event Event Testing C# Script triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fixed in version .83 of Zee HS3. Something todo with the wrong C# DLL.

Comment

Working...
        X